TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S road sightings in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by DITB, Aug 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hkpkfan

Hkpkfan Member

At this point do we know how many Model S's are in Hong Kong? I'm literally seeing 1 to 2 per day and they are not the same cars.

2. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I don't think anyone knows beside TD and TM. My guess is at least 400 by now, maybe as much as 600?

any way to get some stats via TD or elsewhere official?

3. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

EPD will announce next year total numbers. If we can get BMW actual figures, subtract that from the difference between then and the last EPD figures and you'll get Tesla numbers (because apart from Tesla and BMW there is not much else going on).

4. jkliu47

jkliu47 Member

Hopewell Center is in the Top 10 active superchargers.

IMG_6865a.jpg

27 Cars charged in 24 hours....

Also note that Shanghai is no 2 with 71 cars charged in 24 hours!

IMG_6867b.jpg

5. Alipapa

Alipapa Member

6. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Shanghai is probably high due to less at home charging compared to the USA buyers. If you can charge for free in the city, not really a need to keep it plugged in at home. 50 and 48 minutes sounds like cars were not all the way depleted when plugged in and were able to go away on average with a 70% fill. Which makes sense - as people wouldn't usually roll into re-fuel with an empty tank (electric or gas).

7. Hkpkfan

Hkpkfan Member

Saw this one in the morning during my run.

Tesla_Sighting4b.jpg

8. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

this car becoming common now, I see 1 every day at lunch time at Wanchai.

9. Volta

Volta Member

Sightings may be common now, but this car will never be ... it's special, and always will be! (But I know what you mean, pinguhk; just having some Friday fun).

10. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

Yeah TGIF I can wait till I order my car and get it.

11. Jason90

Jason90 Member

P85 Thursday 20 November at Shanghai United Family Hospital in Hong Qiao. It is a private hospital popular with expats and well off locals. Yes, that is a Mongolian Yurt in the background....
    Tesla Model S at SHUFH.jpg

12. DITB

At the Gold Coast Yacht and Country club - three Model S in the members only parking.

GCYACC member parking.jpg

With lots more cars coming in the next waves in December and on, HK will be flooded with Tesla Model S cars.

13. Hkpkfan

Hkpkfan Member

I've stopped posting on this thread because I'm seeing 2 Teslas a day almost every day. They are everywhere not just a rare thing to see anymore.

Although Saturday was the first time I saw 4 Teslas in one day! I was in Admiralty/Wan Chai/Happy Valley area.

And last night I saw the coolest thing ever, I was at the airport and in the parking lot was a dark blue Tesla with a driver waiting for a passenger, and the W Hotel logo on the Tesla!!!

It appears HK W Hotel bought some Teslas as their chauffeur cars! WOW!!

14. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

I saw 5 Tesla in 1 lunch time in wan chai last week but it is quit rare to see them in Kowloon side.
    they are becoming too common now that why I planning to mod my so it is a bit different, also what to install a body kit on it too.

15. DITB

I think they got 8 of them or so. And since they don't charge at the hotel, they are "good customers" for the superchargers

16. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

Wonder if any of you knows of anyone high up in W hotel who can lobby them to install their own SC at the hotel entrance. Tesla should be (must have, I presume) lobbying that from day 1, it's cool promotion to see a Tesla SC at the front door!!!

When are we going to see a Tesla hotel limo?

17. YW-Slayer

YW-Slayer Member

I live near, and work in, Central. On an average day I see about 6-10.