Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S sightings in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tend to think the opposite... Air is more dense and consumption is higher in the winter so you're more likely to need the extra range. :)

I was thinking that while yes the air is denser in winter, much of your driving (or at least mine) is a lot slower so the net effect would be less. But upon reflection, I'll bet the difference between the aeros and standard rims is about as much as flush door handles vs. convention ones anyway :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I've got both seasons covered - using them year round with my winters and summers ;-)

Well, there you go then!

I almost think this thread has run it's course. I see Model S cars all over the place now and it's not as unique an occurrence like it was back when the thread was started. Having said that, I did see something a bit unique last week: a matt grey wrapped Model S going northbound on Bay Street, Toronto near Dundas last Friday.

Apparently Model S's are getting pretty easy to spot in Toronto, but not so much in Ottawa. I haven't spotted any in Ottawa (other than one that was planned) for over a year, but saw one in Toronto this afternoon.

I was heading North on Mill Rd. in Etobicoke (white MS) and you were heading South (black MS). We exchanged waves. So if you're on TMC... Hi!

Saw one grey Model S on Jarvis St. in Toronto heading towards Mt. Pleasant Rd. around 11PM yesterday. Sorry for the bad photo quality. Will have to buy another phone.

IMG_20140424_231608.jpg

I almost think this thread has run it's course. I see Model S cars all over the place now.

In my year and a month owning my car in Ottawa, I've seen 9 :)

Trust me when I say: I do notice when I drive by one.

Edit: please don't read this post as a means of me trying to keep this thread open. I just wanted to share my joys of seeing another ms in town!

Last edited:
Saw another black (? it was getting dark) Model S on West Hunt Club at the 416 on Saturday. I was driving my C6 so no friendly waves lol.

Suddenly with the warm weather I'm starting to see them all over. I'm guessing there must be a fair number of owners here who don't winter drive them.

Saw another black (? it was getting dark) Model S on West Hunt Club at the 416 on Saturday. I was driving my C6 so no friendly waves lol.

Suddenly with the warm weather I'm starting to see them all over. I'm guessing there must be a fair number of owners here who don't winter drive them.

Yea, I didn't drive mine in the winter because I didn't get the winter tires and had a Touareg. I've since sold the Touareg. Good thing too with the crazy gas prices plus the requirement for supreme. I'm seeing alot more as well. Just saw a white one parked on Lapperiere last week, and a black one on Hope Side Rd.

I see one or two almost daily along my commute. There seem to be quite a few in and around Burlington as well, saw an "all blacked out" including door handles one last week.
I usually try and wave or high beam, but rarely get a response, maybe because mine is a less noticeable due to colour (Dark green)?

I haven't had a "random" sighting of a Model S in Ottawa for over a year (I know there are several around) but today I saw the same one twice about an hour apart. Sig red coming onto Cedarview from Woodsia, and then again later on Jockvale. I waved both times, but I'm not sure if they saw me. License was VEAA-something - Ontario french-language green plates.