Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Sunshade Solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living in Arizona this time of year makes for very hot car interiors. I have tried several different sunshades that are available, but the narrow visors and position of the mirror make installing them nearly impossible. I have looked on-line and see there are several claiming they are designed for the Model S, but very few reviews on the products. Does anyone have a solution that works really well?

Thanks

Living in Arizona this time of year makes for very hot car interiors. I have tried several different sunshades that are available, but the narrow visors and position of the mirror make installing them nearly impossible. I have looked on-line and see there are several claiming they are designed for the Model S, but very few reviews on the products. Does anyone have a solution that works really well?

Thanks
I use a Tyvek car cover for the whole car. Cut the front to allow intake air for cooling. I've used these very lightweight highly reflective covers for years. They pack into a very small space. See if you can get one with mirror pockets as the material is very slippery and will want to slide off.

We use a $39.99 Intro Tech Snow Shade that goes on the OUTSIDE of our windshield to eliminate the "greenhouse effect" the interior sunshades produce. Intro-Tech Automotive Windshield Snow Shade Yes I know its called a Snow Shade but we've used them year round in sunny SoCal on our LARGE windshield Corvette and Prius for years. The shades are made in super hot & sunny Chino CA and their tech guy confirmed there's no reason they can't be used as sun shades... and they could sell more if they changed the name and replace the snowflake artwork on the shades with suns.

Also suggest you put the sunroof in Vent mode if you're going to be away from the car for long so the interior temp doesn't go much higher than the ambient temperature. Then turn your AC and close your sunroof on using your Tesla app on your smart phone 5 t0 10 minutes before you get back to your Tesla and it should be cooled back off. EASY... and running the AC takes VERY little range miles... Maybe 2 to 3 miles per hour. I use our P85D as a mobile office between appointments all the time with negligible effect on my range.