Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
he stated his opinion, which doesn't have to be the same as yours. Colors are subjective. Don't be a dick
That Mazda red is a bad ass red. Been loving that color for a long time
So this guy shows up in a thread for Ultra Red Model S future owners who have already placed an order just to say that a Mazda paint color is better and I'm the dick. Got it. 👍

So this guy shows up in a thread for Ultra Red Model S future owners who have already placed an order just to say that a Mazda paint color is better and I'm the dick. Got it. 👍

That’s his opinion. Does he have to post it in a non-ultra red thread? Anyway. I love the ultra red. I got my blue MSP 7 months ago now I’m close to placing an order. Lol

Woohoo! This color looks fantastic :p

My "design" on tesla.com now reflects "Ultra Red" but my order agreement still says "Red Multicoat".

Jan 3 order date, east coast, no VIN yet.

Anyone else?
Yep! Changed from Blue to Ultra Red. VIN had already been assigned but there is no apparent delivery delay caused by the change in ext. color. I would have been disappointed had I not known about this in time to make the change!

Yep! Changed from Blue to Ultra Red. VIN had already been assigned but there is no apparent delivery delay caused by the change in ext. color. I would have been disappointed had I not known about this in time to make the change!

Nice...wonder if it would pair well with Walnut.

For those that are color vision impaired, and have a hard time to tell the two apart unless they are side by side, the option codes are:

Old Red: PPMR

New Red: PR01

Reactions: bobusn
I love the Ultra Red, so I've ordered a new MS Plaid in Ultra Red to match my Harley 🤣

HARLEY.jpg

A few more pics of ultra red showing up out there on Model Xes.

Model X - Ultra Red <== note around 34 seconds in the shot of the folded mirror shows a hot of what a direct sun might look like
Model X 2 - Ultra Red

From these videos it doesn't really look like a Mazda Soul Red - just a darker red with a bit more chroma and flop. Really still want to see one clean with some direct overhead sun. Heck, as a comparison, my son and his wife have TWO Mazda CX-5s....BOTH in Soul Red, but look how different they appear in this pic (in real life, they are the same)...one is definitely cleaner:
Mazda CX5s.jpg