Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the brake calipers painted at Mum Sports in Fremont on my MSLR. We went with a color closer to the new ultra red since the paint is not available just yet. Really loved the way it came out and the professionalism of the shop. Also had it ceramic coated. Looks amazing and love this color!
FD14ADDF-9D2C-4F89-925B-83468FBD8714.jpeg
19BBF105-95C7-4B10-A6D1-CA44905A084F.jpeg
37387009-E13D-4BFB-8348-46D587029B58.jpeg

All,

I downloaded the pre-delivery checklist, saved it to my iPad, brought my ipad and Apple Pencil and went down the list of items one by one. It took me almost 90 minutes to get through everything. The only issue that I found was some adhesive and wax on the paint in four spots, but it cleaned off easily with my finger and/or fingernail. The delivery was smooth, and the Tesla sales/service person who helped me let me do my thing and she asked me to come get her when I was done reviewing the car.

Driving the 100-ish miles home was an absolute delight. I purchased FSD (because I have more money than brains) and played around a bit with some of the self-driving features on the freeway ride home. It was raining so I did not get on the throttle hard, but the few times I pressed the accelerator briskly (but never to the floor), the acceleration was simply amazing.

I will go over the car more closely tomorrow and will report back if I run into anything disturbing.

Joe

All,

I downloaded the pre-delivery checklist, saved it to my iPad, brought my ipad and Apple Pencil and went down the list of items one by one. It took me almost 90 minutes to get through everything. The only issue that I found was some adhesive and wax on the paint in four spots, but it cleaned off easily with my finger and/or fingernail. The delivery was smooth, and the Tesla sales/service person who helped me let me do my thing and she asked me to come get her when I was done reviewing the car.

Driving the 100-ish miles home was an absolute delight. I purchased FSD (because I have more money than brains) and played around a bit with some of the self-driving features on the freeway ride home. It was raining so I did not get on the throttle hard, but the few times I pressed the accelerator briskly (but never to the floor), the acceleration was simply amazing.

I will go over the car more closely tomorrow and will report back if I run into anything disturbing.

Joe
What your thoughts of FSD without the sensors? Is there a difference?
I need to find this checklist I take delivery Friday. They gave me only a day to pickup so I have to leave work early to spend 100k of my hard earned money.

What your thoughts of FSD without the sensors? Is there a difference?
I need to find this checklist I take delivery Friday. They gave me only a day to pickup so I have to leave work early to spend 100k of my hard earned money.

This is my first Tesla so I cannot compare the FSD performance before Teslavision, but I can tell you that the features I used on my drive home were absolutely flawless. If you like, I can send you the checklist, just shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send you the checklist I used.

Joe

All,

Joe
Can we trade some of your money for some of my brains 😂. Also what color is your interior, wheel type, and did you get plaid or lr?

This is my first Tesla so I cannot compare the FSD performance before Teslavision, but I can tell you that the features I used on my drive home were absolutely flawless. If you like, I can send you the checklist, just shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send you the checklist I used.

Joe

Waiting on my VIN for the Plaid UR after just selling my '21 Model 3 P. I want to see some pics of the new ride, professor. Also, if you can, post your checklist here.

Delivery is scheduled for Friday 28th (ordered March 10th). My 2021 Model S Plaid (15k miles, FSD) trade-in expired yesterday, and they requoted. It went from $80k to $69k! Seems like a big drop over 30 days, even accounting for the recent price drop.

Not sure if I should cancel the delivery, or look to sell the car privately (or CarMax etc).
I take delivery on April 28th and just updated my profile with a trade this past Sunday. I waited until got a vin. So this wouldn’t happen. I think it’s all apart of their sneaky plan.

Delivery is scheduled for Friday 28th (ordered March 10th). My 2021 Model S Plaid (15k miles, FSD) trade-in expired yesterday, and they requoted. It went from $80k to $69k! Seems like a big drop over 30 days, even accounting for the recent price drop.

Not sure if I should cancel the delivery, or look to sell the car privately (or CarMax etc).

Just turned my “requote” in today. My trade expired after I didn’t take delivery because i felt trade was too low and would have to pay $30,000 in difference. So I fully expect another 10k drop in trade and I’ll just stick with my blue 2021 MSP over the ultra red I really wanted. F’n Tesla

Since my colour got the upgrade from Multicoat Red to Ultra Red I don't have any picture of my car in my account.
Not on the website, not on the app, not in the e-mails.

Everyone has this?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2023-04-24 125819.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-04-24 125819.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-04-24 125848.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-04-24 125848.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Schermafbeelding 2023-04-24 130019.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-04-24 130019.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 48

That drop is surprising. My 2018 S100D trade in offer expired last week, but the new one was only $300 less ($47k vs 47.3k).

Reactions: Propofoln