TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S UMC for sale?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by apacheguy, Mar 3, 2013.

1. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

Can a UMC be purchased directly from Tesla service? I'm looking into getting a second one for convenience.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

I was told that a 2nd can be purchased, but they were waiting for production of the UMC to catch up with factory production. This was ~ three months ago. Call them they may be caught up now.

3. XrstalLens

XrstalLens Model S P1327 VIN P01867

If you find out any info, can you please post a follow up? I'm interested in doing this as well.

4. jchangyy

jchangyy Member

I just bought an extra charging cable for $500. Happened to be in Menlo Park store for pano roof adjustment and asked about an extra cable. tech came back 2 minutes later with an extra cable. provided me with extra 14-50 adaptor. check w/ service center. they may have an extra one.