Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Wagon?

Model S "Touring"

• Excellent idea, would take it over Model S!

Votes: 112 50.5%
  • Great idea for a lot of buyers, but would still buy the sedan

Votes: 74 33.3%
  • Not a good idea.

Votes: 36 16.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Patiently searching for a new car. If this wagon existed, my search would be over. That's one guaranteed US sale... ought to be reason enough. In fact, if I purchase another car and then find the fine folks at Tesla decided to build this... I will sell whatever it is I bought previously and buy this.

Patiently searching for a new car. If this wagon existed, my search would be over. That's one guaranteed US sale... ought to be reason enough. In fact, if I purchase another car and then find the fine folks at Tesla decided to build this... I will sell whatever it is I bought previously and buy this.

Have you gotten to see the inside of the Model S? While I agree with you the wagon looks nice, and would have TONS of storage. The Model S is basically a wagon as it is currently. I can have my greyhound (quite tall dogs) in the back with the back seats up. And with the extra footwell trunk you can really put tall things in the car with ease.

Don't discount the Model S because it is a 'sedan'. It really is more wagon than 'sedan'.

Well, we can kind of tell what it will look like can't we? :tongue:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/image-library/gencover/16387

But yes, there's definitely a huge market for the wagon and
an AWD version of it. /…

…or perhaps something like this? :wink: (from post #46 up-thread…)

Model S Wagon.jpg

[Removed picture. (My edit.)]

Wanted to make one in silver, with grey wheels, black leather and also black headliner, but unfortunately doesn’t have the necessary Photoshop skills. (Yet at least…)

Oh well, managed to remove the rails and the chrome strip under the doors and the color ended up as perhaps grey (?)… And since it’s just a picture it’s also got some sort of hidden factory option euro-spec hitch… :cool:

I agree with Elsupreme (#83), the model S has enormous capacity as it is. My previous car was a Passat wagon and the S is much larger. As a stockholder, I think it is unlikely that a wagon version of the S could recoup the costs of new dies for two fenders, roof and tailgate. There would be a small but not insignificant aero penalty to a wagon also. Although the design shown is very graceful and would be a good car, I don't think it is worth producing. Of course, I could be wrong.

Well designed wagons tend to have better aero than their sedan counterparts but with the S, the achieved drag is so low, that even keeping with with the wagon would be an achievement.
The chassis modifications would not be that expensive and Tesla likely will put it on the market and investors will like it...

In my past I was guilty of burning fossil fuel in an Audi RS6 Avant / Estate / Wagon. It was a supreme 4WD 'everyday supercar' capable of lugging a vast amount of stuff in the back, like the odd kitchen or wardrobe . . but it consumed the planets resources at the rate of 16mpg.

I did 90,000 miles in it and fuel per year cost approx £6k ($9.5k) or around £30k ($48k) in total. It also cost a ridiculous £25k ($40k) in brake discs, tyres, and gas guzzler road taxes. A Model SP85+ Wagon would offer similar performance but would have paid for itself over the same mileage !!

If a Model S Estate / Wagon was an option I would choose it immediately. In fact a 4WD P120+ version would make it a "car for life" .. and I'd write the cheque right now.

Colour choice is a very personal thing and I usually prefer strong contrasts, so I've been experimenting :-

black with tan 2.jpg

purple blue tan.jpg

green 2.jpg

Model S estate mockup 3 black.jpg

purple blue cream 1.jpg

Last edited:
HOLY HYPERWAGON!
Count me in.
Please add a grey and a silver....

In my past I was guilty of burning fossil fuel in an Audi RS6 Avant / Estate / Wagon. It was a supreme 4WD 'everyday supercar' capable of lugging a vast amount of stuff in the back, like the odd kitchen or wardrobe . . but it consumed the planets resources at the rate of 16mpg.

I did 90,000 miles in it and fuel per year cost approx £6k ($9.5k) or around £30k ($48k) in total. It also cost a ridiculous £25k ($40k) in brake discs, tyres, and gas guzzler road taxes. A Model SP85+ Wagon would offer similar performance but would have paid for itself over the same mileage !!

If a Model S Estate / Wagon was an option I would choose it immediately. In fact a 4WD P120+ version would make it a "car for life" .. and I'd write the cheque right now.

Colour choice is a very personal thing and I usually prefer strong contrasts, so I've been experimenting :-

blackwithtan2_zpsc953060f.jpg

purplebluetan_zpsfa91ea7e.jpg

green2_zps144a304b.jpg

purplebluecream1_zps6177b9d2.jpg

ModelSestatemockup3black_zpsca475781.jpg

HOLY HYPERWAGON!
Count me in.
Please add a grey and a silver....

Ok, here's a few more exotic variations in white/grey/silver, some using dark red leather as popular in Europe.

On a couple I've deleted the chrome strip as I personally find it a bit visually jarring on the lighter body colours .. I'll probably do the same in real life if I end up choosing a white or silver car !

black with red.jpg

white with red.jpg

silver with red.jpg

grey with cream.jpg

silver cream.jpg

white with cream.jpg

Last edited: