Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Wagon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was one of the people doing colour re-rendering of the estate / wagon Model S back in 2013. The original 3D model was meshed by a prolific 'automotive manipulator' by the name of Theophilus Chin.

I doubt Tesla will do an estate version for many reasons such as major new addition to body shell manufacturing; it would probably need expensive validation and crash testing etc; and as mentioned above it would increase the Cd from 0.24 to around 0.28.

But personally I think Europeans would jump at this .. I know I would !! It would make my old 12mpg RS6 redundant overnight ..

I've dug out the maths model I used when doing the Aerodynamic R&D on my Roadster (and eventually proved my Roadster could do 330 miles at rated highway speeds just with aero mods ...!) and it predicts that the increase in Cd for the Model S Estate Cd would probably decrease the range by around 17 miles +/-5, which is not as bad as it might seem. That slight loss could be clawed back by tweaks to the rolling resistance and tyre pressures alone.

The coloured renders below might seem a bit garish, but interesting none the less.

white with cream wiperless 3.jpg

Model S Estate colour mockups med res.jpg