Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S winter tire experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have used Blizzaks and Hakka's. No doubt the Hakka's are better but this year I am going with X-Ice 3's. Not because I think they are the best but both the Blizzaks and Hakka's were terribly noisy and I am hoping the Michelin's are quieter.

Struja,
Did you go with the Michelin's last year? If so, did you like them better than the Blizzaks and Hakka's? It is that time of year again and I need to get winter tires on my 2013 RWD P85.

Struja,
Did you go with the Michelin's last year? If so, did you like them better than the Blizzaks and Hakka's? It is that time of year again and I need to get winter tires on my 2013 RWD P85.

So sorry I didn’t respond sooner. Life gets in the way sometimes. Yes, I am on X-Ice 3’s last year and now. They are amazing and I highly recommend them.

I haven’t used Hakka’s in more than 10 years but my experience was great snow performance with some noise. The Blizzaks are a disaster IMO. Average performance and totally awful road noise. To me, completely unacceptable levels. My wife has the Blizzaks on her RX350 and she absolutely despises them.

The X-Ice 3’s are the perfect combination of performance and quiet. Pretty competitively priced as well,.

Reactions: OlderThanDirt
Out of curiosity I looked at Tesla's accessories page to see what they have for snow tires. ALL of the Model S snow tires are shown as out of stock, which was also the case much or all of last winter. I wonder if they are simply not bothering to stock them any more, or if there are the common supply chain issues. Seems early in the year to be completely out of stock.

Out of curiosity I looked at Tesla's accessories page to see what they have for snow tires. ALL of the Model S snow tires are shown as out of stock, which was also the case much or all of last winter. I wonder if they are simply not bothering to stock them any more, or if there are the common supply chain issues. Seems early in the year to be completely out of stock.
Just looked at TireRack for my 2015 Model S.
They have stock of the Pirelli Sotto Zero and Michelin X-Ice (as well as a lot of other brands). I've used both the Pirelli and the Michelin tires and are happy with their winter performance.

• Informative
Reactions: David29