Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2023 front door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just got my new model x yesterday and it is very annoying that the doors don't more then 10 degrees. I found this in the manual.

Note
Vehicles manufactured as of January 2023 may open to a predetermined setting (about 10° or 18-21 cm) without adjustments.

it really sucks.

Upvote 0
So they give you FSD capabilities but can't patch to open a door?

I have a 2021 MS Plaid that I want to trade in for a 2023 MX Plaid, and although it is a totally minor issue, I was expecting the doors to swing open like in my previous 2018 MX.

They won't. They open a few inches and stop...and then you have to fight the motor to open them further. It's like having a defective door that cannot be fixed.

Upvote 0
That sucks. I love being able to walk to the car holding a drink in each hand and just have the door pop open just as I approach from the front and then fully open wide when I walk past it. It's one of the most impressive features.

However, I've had the door pop open when I approach and then fully slam into the car next to it during high winds.

Upvote 0
Is it true that all Model X 2023 production front door not opening wider?
I traded my 2021 X performance for a 2023 and alot of differences.
And not in a good way.
The doors not opening with coffee in your hands sucks bad move from Tesla,
Push and hold wheels to select clock ,energy, etc on the screen isn't the same. An update just gave some of the options back.
FSD with HW4 well non FSD I lost it. Basically transferring FSD from the 2921 to 2023 is cruise control. The car will not drive to a destination nor summon.

Tesla also never told me about what I would not have.....

Upvote 0
I’ve noticed occasional weirdness/intelligence from my driver side door (USS sensorless 2023 Plaid). *Sometimes* when I happen to be parked in a WIDE open area I hit the button - it actually opens ALL the way. But it’s never done it when it would hit something. And it rarely even tries erroring on the safe side even when it often could. Seems like they certainly have something in the code to eventually made this work.

Upvote 0
Tesla should fix this. At least give the buy the option to open wider and give them the risk to do it.
To crack it that little makes no sense.

Based on my experience, I don't think that option would work. My door hit my trash can once with my hand holding it because it does not want to stop the few times it decided to open all the way. Tesla would still have pissed off customers. Just get rid of the motors and make them normal doors again.

Reactions: geordi
Upvote 0
I’ve noticed occasional weirdness/intelligence from my driver side door (USS sensorless 2023 Plaid). *Sometimes* when I happen to be parked in a WIDE open area I hit the button - it actually opens ALL the way. But it’s never done it when it would hit something. And it rarely even tries erroring on the safe side even when it often could. Seems like they certainly have something in the code to eventually made this work.
My passenger door does this each time it’s opened. Passenger door opens all the way but never once has my driver door opened all the way automatically. I have a 2023 X with a September 23 build date

• Informative
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Upvote 0
This is classic ready, fire, aim from Tesla. No different than removing the rain sensor for the wipers or removing the radar before the vision system was able to work at least as well. They removed the USS before the vision system was ready which is why the doors are crippled. My 2022 MXP works pretty well but it has USS. The should be able to make the doors work again but it could literally take years - IIRC it took at least 2 years before the auto wipers were at least acceptable. The auto wipers on my MXP work really well actually. So there is hope.

Reactions: RyanC1384 and rpo
Upvote 0
Based on my experience, I don't think that option would work. My door hit my trash can once with my hand holding it because it does not want to stop the few times it decided to open all the way. Tesla would still have pissed off customers. Just get rid of the motors and make them normal doors again.
I understand and can see how opening it full wide can cause accidents. As adults, I feel that there should be an option where I should decide that risk.
I just don't like the idea of being capped.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Upvote 0