Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x 7 seater, passenger side bench won’t lock in place.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 MX, 7-passenger. Middle row bench, single seat behind passenger seat will not lock in place. It slides forward and backward and will not lock. Anyone have this experience? Tesla looked at it for 2 mins, shrugged, and said we need to replace seat for $3000.

Hi Chris, I have the same issue. Long story short, they want me to replace the entire seat for over 2k. I am curious if you were able to find a solution on the latching issue? I was going to take it out and try to fix myself if anyone has guidance on best way to remove the seat and get access to the floor lock.

Upvote 0
2020 model x. Same issue. They want 2800 for a whole new seat. For now, I wedges in a 3/4 plywood board 21"x19" with one corner cut off to prevent sliding.
Hi Chris, I have the same issue. Long story short, they want me to replace the entire seat for over 2k. I am curious if you were able to find a solution on the latching issue? I was going to take it out and try to fix myself if anyone has guidance on best way to remove the seat and get access to the floor lock.
I have the solution..

See this post here. Will try to post video to YouTube.

Post in thread 'Model X second row bench stuck half folded' Model X second row bench stuck half folded

Upvote 0
2018 MX, 7-passenger. Middle row bench, single seat behind passenger seat will not lock in place. It slides forward and backward and will not lock. Anyone have this experience? Tesla looked at it for 2 mins, shrugged, and said we need to replace seat for $3000.
See my other post. Just figured it out today...
Post in thread 'Model X second row bench stuck half folded' Model X second row bench stuck half folded

Reactions: mastersword
Upvote 0