Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 7 seater with 3 kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got 3 kids, ages 9, 7, and 5, all in booster seats in the second row of our mini van. I'm taking delivery of my 7 seater Model X sometime before year end (unless it's delayed again).

I've read in the manual that there is no latch in the second row middle seat and so for the second row middle seat how do you attach it? My current booster seat doesn't appear to have a belt attachment so perhaps I need to find another one?

The manual provides this warning: "Warning
USE ONLY SEAT BELT RETAINED CHILD SAFETY SEATS IN THE CENTER SEATING POSITION."

I guess I need one with a strap to attach to the back like this?
dual straps.jpg

Manual link here:

If anyone has specific advice that'd be great.

I've got 3 kids, ages 9, 7, and 5, all in booster seats in the second row of our mini van. I'm taking delivery of my 7 seater Model X sometime before year end (unless it's delayed again).

I've read in the manual that there is no latch in the second row middle seat and so for the second row middle seat how do you attach it? My current booster seat doesn't appear to have a belt attachment so perhaps I need to find another one?

The manual provides this warning: "Warning
USE ONLY SEAT BELT RETAINED CHILD SAFETY SEATS IN THE CENTER SEATING POSITION."

I guess I need one with a strap to attach to the back like this?
View attachment 850043

Manual link here:

If anyone has specific advice that'd be great.
Booster seats usually only function is to raise the child to leverage an otherwise adult sized seat belt. That’s why they don’t have tethers and belt attachments. The latch doesn’t do anything for you except prevent the booster from being a projectile when vacant. The way around this if no latch is to buckle the booster seat when empty.

Booster seats usually only function is to raise the child to leverage an otherwise adult sized seat belt. That’s why they don’t have tethers and belt attachments. The latch doesn’t do anything for you except prevent the booster from being a projectile when vacant. The way around this if no latch is to buckle the booster seat when empty.
Yah, buckling while empty just seems like a pain, but I guess I could tell my kid to do it. I think there are some booster seats that have a tether system though to attach to the back of the seat.

I'm still looking.