Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X at Geneva Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes it pays to duck. Here's an article and video that shows BMW's CEO, Harald Kruger, getting bonked on the head while trying to get out of the Model X at the Geneva Auto Show. Someone touched the door as it was opening, stopping it, and Mr. Kruger didn't look as he was getting out. This was right after he apparently called the Model X "a prototype" (it's in German, so I can't verify). Karma at it's best.

Direct video link:
[video]https://www.facebook.com/Wirtschaftswoche/videos/10153567507175819/[/video]

Last edited:
Sometimes it pays to duck. Here's an article and video that shows BMW's CEO, Harald Kruger, getting bonked on the head while trying to get out of the Model X at the Geneva Auto Show.

Hilarious video. Thanks for posting. Made a translation for people not speaking German:

The Tesla Model X was one of the highlights on the Geneva Motor Show. The "Gullwings", the rear doors of the electric car, were explained to [the reporter] by Jochen Rudat, the CEO of Tesla Europe. A surprise guest helped in the process. See yourself:

Interviewer: Wow. Hello Mr. Rudat!

Jochen Rudat: Hello Mr. [name undiscernible].

Interviewer: That sure is a spectacular show! You have to have seen this!

Jochen Rudat: Absolutely. But its just one of many highlights of the Model X.

Interviewer: And that works flawlessly in any weather?

Jochen Rudat: Absolutely. That´s the way it is, the engineering is completed, we have already delivered the first ones in the US, and this summer the first ones will make it over to Europe.

Interviewer: That looks like the perfect car if you have your own driver.

Jochen Rudat: Not only that, I believe also for a larger family with space for up to seven adults in here, if you take your friends along, and obviously the upright entry and the nice finish for the childs´ seats [sic], also the perfect family car.

Interviewer: And you don´t have any engine noise, because of the electric drivetrain, you can talk well while driving.

Jochen Rudat: Certainly.

Interviewer: When is the car coming to Germany?

Jochen Rudat: We have already received the first reservations, from all of Europe including Germany, the first deliveries will be this summer.

Interviewer: So, now how do we close the door again? Do you have to reach up...

Harald Krüger (BMW CEO) comes to help:
You have to press the button there.

Interviewer: Hello Mr. Krüger! What a pleasant surprise! This must be interesting to me also... [sic] What do you think about the car, that could be a BMW too, couldn´t it?

Harald Krüger: This is a prototype as you can see from the glass, not a production vehicle. If you look at it exactly, it´s a prototype and not a production vehicle.

Interviewer: But as far as the concept is concerned?

Harald Krüger: No comment.

Interviewer: No comment - oh well. It is the product of the competition, after all.

Jochen Rudat: Appreciation looks differently.

Interviewer: Very nice video. So is there a button to close the door?

Jochen Rudat: Yes. I can quickly demonstrate it...

To me Rudat comes across very well, hadn´t seen him before since he became German head of Tesla in addition to possessing the position in Switzerland. Krüger, on the other hand, while he must have so much experience in his career, completely misjudges the situation and tries to show off that he know how to open the door, while trying to leave the moment he is discovered. How can someone of of that caliber believe people won´t recognize him?!

I know this is just anecdotal evidence, but if the BMW CEO does not dare to talk to the young Tesla leader, this sheds no good light on one of the flagships of the German car industry. I would say: He must be afraid of Tesla from the way he is acting.

For context: This was posted by Wirtschafts Woche, a German economy magazine, a must-read for people working on the German stock exchanges according to Wikipedia - can´t judge that as I am not working in that field, but even for me the name is familiar.