Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X configuration questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife decided to get me a Model X for my birthday (she's awesome!) and we have a couple more days to finalize configuration and we had a few questions. I did a search and didn't really find consistent answers so I thought I'd post another thread.

1. Pretty subjective, but white or black exterior with ultra white seats? I'm racking my brain trying to pick a color :)
2. If we don't order the premium package, does the driver side door still close when you hit the brake?

Wife decided to get me a Model X for my birthday (she's awesome!) and we have a couple more days to finalize configuration and we had a few questions. I did a search and didn't really find consistent answers so I thought I'd post another thread.

1. Pretty subjective, but white or black exterior with ultra white seats? I'm racking my brain trying to pick a color :)
2. If we don't order the premium package, does the driver side door still close when you hit the brake?

1. I got pearl white exterior with ultra white interior. Super pretty. I suggest you get either matching white or matching black.
2. I believe so. More confirmation is needed on this one.

Thanks
ModelXBoy

I have the 90D without the premium package. Front seats are not perforated. The driver's door does close when you step on the brake. It also will motor open when you press the door handle. It will swing open wide if it doesn't detect an obstacle and only slightly ajar if it does. It's definitely not 100% reliable so I've been very careful so far.

As far as the color, I love my Midnight Silver, but saw a Pearl White with black rims at the SC and it is beautiful. It had ultra white seats with black headliner.

The driver's door does close when you step on the brake. It also will motor open when you press the door handle.
While testing a Premium package (PUP) showroom car last weekend at the Social, my wife discovered that the interior door handle is also a trigger to open/close the door via motor, so same behavior as the external door handle. For exiting it feels obvious, but for closing the door it is nicer than manually pulling shut, although most drivers will simply touch the brake to close (for both PUP and non-PUP). I assume the passenger side door is same, but we did not test that one yet.