Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Creeking sound Reare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2023 Model X has a slight vibration sound coming from the rear gull wing door. It sounds like change rattling in a change cup. Tech has looked at it and adjusted the door, but it started again a day or two later. Thinking they need to change the entire freaking door or is there some sort of fix with lubrication that some one might be aware of?

My 2023 Model X has a slight vibration sound coming from the rear gull wing door. It sounds like change rattling in a change cup. Tech has looked at it and adjusted the door, but it started again a day or two later. Thinking they need to change the entire freaking door or is there some sort of fix with lubrication that some one might be aware of?

Welcome to the site! I'm a little confused, perhaps others are too. Probably just a terminology thing. You have a right falcon wing door and a left falcon wing door, and a rear lift hatch. To which one are you referring?

If you do a search for FWD, in the model X forum, you'll find a lot of discussion. One possibility is a loose bracket for the sensor inside the falcon wing door. There's been a lot of discussion about that. Do the doors open properly or do they sometimes indicate an obstruction when there isn't one?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the site! I'm a little confused, perhaps others are too. Probably just a terminology thing. You have a right falcon wing door and a left falcon wing door, and a rear lift hatch. To which one are you referring?

If you do a search for FWD, in the model X forum, you'll find a lot of discussion. One possibility is a loose bracket for the sensor inside the falcon wing door. There's been a lot of discussion about that. Do the doors open properly or do they sometimes indicate an obstruction when there isn't one?
Thank you Henderrj-I appreciate your response and am glad to be part of this group! You are right, I could have been more specific. It is the left falcon wing door that is vibrating. The doors do open properly and I am not sure how to check out the bracket you mention, but will look it up.

Service has adjusted it as they found the door was rubbing on the frame and actually caused a small about of paint damage. It was normal for a day or two then back to it's old creeking sounds again after two days. I will check out the Model X Forum for tips on this.

Upvote 0