Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration on brand new Model X at about 38mph to 60mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10K miles in and the car is a rattle box. It feels like my first Toyota 280zx with 100k miles the way it rattles. Like yourself, when I took into service, they said that this is all normal and expected. My 2 year old model 3 drives smoother and quieter than this car.
What I come to realize (too late) is that incorporating a falcon wing door design on the Model X kind of works against the general structural integrity. It isn't as solid as a normal 4-door vehicle by having those huge gaps for the FWD in the middle of the car. This leads to all sorts of creaks and noises.

Exactly my thoughts too. There are just too many parts to the model X that are not put together correctly. With all the new competitors, price drops and soon availability for non Teslas to use the Teslas chargers, the company really needs to improve quality or there is going to trouble ahead for them.

They don't care of improving the build quality or the rattle issues, its really annoying when they say "within spec" when I take the car for service. I'm one of the unlucky fellow who paid 130K+ for the junk. Knowing all these issues, do I buy another Tesla X (big no).

Just picked up a new 2024 MX Plaid (build date 3/6/24). Got this same problem. Service center said know issue and expect future firmware fix. I am not buying. Need to test drive a couple other MX plaid and see if same issue. Mainly around 30mph to 60 and feel in pedals but probably in other areas less noticeable but still there in yoke. Need to figure out root cause and how to get fixed.

many of us have the same issue around 30 to 60 mph, I was told the same but its a design flaw and they don't have any fix (if you ask when the firmware will be available, service center answer is, we don't know). To reduce the vibration they make the suspension to stay in a low setting (auto) even if you change to high (will reset to low when speed reaches 30 mph).

Does anyone have a 2022 MXLR with these issues? Trying to figure out if it's 2023 specific.

I test drove another 2023 MXLR yesterday and it was the same. I've confirmed this across (3x) 2023 MXLR now and it's awful.

When I ordered the car I did an overnight demo of a 2022 MXLR and didn't notice this problem. If it was there, I wouldn't have ordered one.

Likely going to proceed with buyback and reorder when/if there is a solution.

These cars suck and are awesome at the same time.
yes I have a 2022 MXLR and have this exact same issue. It developed after a few thousands of miles driving

My prediction: This will never be fixed. Steer by wire is the only answer. Without a physical connection to the wheels the tiny vibrations from their defective suspension will not be observed by the driver and the problem will be solved. Next gen X and S will guaranteed have SBW.