Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X custom order pushed to Dec/Jan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model X (blue/black, 6 seat, silver wheels, carbon inlay) mid-September and was advised a November delivery. Received a text today (well three actually all saying the same!) saying it was pushed to Dec/Jan and if I wanted to change my configuration to get one sooner, reply Yes to speak to an advisory.

Has anyone else had this? Though I appreciate the comparatively lower volume of S/X orders mean there won't be as many on here with an X on order.

I understand S/X still come via Tilburg, so I'm assuming the boats going through Panama today is just a coincidence. I've lurked on these forums for a while and not seen anything like this.

I'm also assuming that the 'config change' they suggest is about shifting inventory, rather than an actual change to my custom order letting them build it more quickly.

If you wish quicker delivery, it is best to contact with an advisor.

They can check their on the ground and in shippment inventory to see if one might fit your requirements and get it to you quicker.

Lots of US production is going to Europe right now. Tesla wants to deliver as many vehicles as possible before the EOY>

Reactions: simon79
I placed a custom model X order mid August. On line order form stated September delivery but local Tesla shop advised this was over optimistic and would likely be end October. Mid September I received VIN and final invoice with end October scheduled delivery. Now rearranged delivery appointment on 26th October - fingers crossed!

• Helpful
I placed a custom model X order mid August. On line order form stated September delivery but local Tesla shop advised this was over optimistic and would likely be end October. Mid September I received VIN and final invoice with end October scheduled delivery. Now rearranged delivery appointment on 26th October - fingers crossed!

Good info. On that timeline I'd hope to have been getting a VIN now, not a delay message. Sounds like from the other thread there's been some wider rearranging of logistics. I had hoped by ordering mid-Sept I wouldn't get caught in the end-of-quarter crossfire, but I'll be hoping it's December now rather than January.

Good info. On that timeline I'd hope to have been getting a VIN now, not a delay message. Sounds like from the other thread there's been some wider rearranging of logistics. I had hoped by ordering mid-Sept I wouldn't get caught in the end-of-quarter crossfire, but I'll be hoping it's December now rather than January.

I was dreading the Model 3 end of Q3 crossfire which is why I delayed ordering, knowing that the September website date was never going to be met. I also hear that there were several X’s at my delivery centre earlier this week so hopefully mine is one of them and may get a proper PDI. We can always live in hope. I’m pretty certain the Tilburg route is still being used for S / X.
Tony

Several people with M3 orders got that txt today including me (twicel. I think they have some versions on the way with no backlog and want to scare people into switching to them by making them think they will have to wait ages otherwise. I think it's a rather dodgy crude sales tactic