Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convince me to stay with a Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How the hell do you guys get your Model X's dropped off at home? They made us drive from East Bay to Sunnyvale... and the car they delivered was dinged and dirty and manufactured by drunk people (or drunk robots). There was no option for home delivery when I ordered in April?

But yeah, I just hope your Model X doesn't stall out while your wife is driving it. Dunno how your wife will pick between a stalling car and a bad charging network.

Edit, yeah I'm coming across as overly negative because I was hoping you'd get an EQS lol. I think if the Model X delivers on the expectations you and your wife expect, this is a good outcome for you. I mean, it's a Model X Plaid with Tesla's charging network ... it's gonna be fast and easy to live with. And as EV_Dad notes, enjoy the ride and keep your eyes open when it comes time to get the next vehicle.
Since you are in the East Bay, why did they have pickup in SVale? I would assume pickup at the factory.

Since you are in the East Bay, why did they have pickup in SVale? I would assume pickup at the factory.

At this point, I feel like Tesla just wanted me to go screw off from day one lol. Maybe Tesla wanted me to hate them more than I hate PG&E (which they kind of succeeded).

Every single part of the experience was so bad.

Reactions: EV_Dad
And I take it they are staggered and no camber ? 🤔

My bad... I guess dimensions are helpful.

Standard 20" tire sizes:
265/45R20 275/45R20

Upgraded 22" tire sizes:
265/35R22 285/35R22

So both the 20" and 22" are staggered, but the 22" looks so much coooooler.

The camber of a Model X seems to be an issue for some ... you'll find a lot of threads about the MX camber on TMC.

My bad... I guess dimensions are helpful.

Standard 20" tire sizes:
265/45R20 275/45R20

Upgraded 22" tire sizes:
265/35R22 285/35R22

So both the 20" and 22" are staggered, but the 22" looks so much coooooler.

The camber of a Model X seems to be an issue for some ... you'll find a lot of threads about the MX camber on TMC.
You lose 10% of the range with the 22" wheels, not worth it for me. The new X already has a lower range vs the older ones...

Reactions: maytaurustiger
You know what is impressive? I think Nissan Leaf forums by and large have a very positive experience. Maybe I don’t browse enough of those forums, but I don’t see people having the same negative sentiment you’re mentioning about the MB FB group or here on TMC about how trash the service is.
nissan leaf are boring as hell... super reliable... super cheap to own... more fun than anything imaginable at the price pt... nissan is awesome... skyline gtr leaf are fun...

Reactions: cdub
We're all ok with driving a dork-mobile so we're all friendly people. 🤣

When I got my Leaf it was the only real choice if you couldn't afford a $100k Tesla roadster. (S hadn't come out yet) I was on the mynissanleaf forum back then.
back 2012 the leaf was the only choice... it s the camry of ev world imo...
😬 sorry but that’s one ugly looking car 🤷🏻‍♂️ limited range, small, slow; Where do you charge and how long does it take..

But I imagine some don’t mind all that as long as it meets your budget. 🤔
i m just a nissan fanboi...

Reactions: cdub and Msicario
😬 sorry but that’s one ugly looking car 🤷🏻‍♂️ limited range, small, slow; Where do you charge and how long does it take..
No argument there! But it works well and I haven't had a car payment in 11 years. Or been to a gas station.

I charge at home and it only realistically gets 50 miles how I drive but that's good enough for my commute. Range blows. It's fugly. But it's fun to drive and I haven't had any issues with it.

Help me out here:
Tesla told me I am not eligible for the free 3-year supercharging because they gave me the old pricing
Here is my car order that is being delivered tomorrow, is that claim true?
Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 2.56.18 PM.png

Help me out here:
Tesla told me I am not eligible for the free 3-year supercharging because they gave me the old pricing
Here is my car order that is being delivered tomorrow, is that claim true?
View attachment 941429

Yeah man, a Ultra Red Plaid (black interior) on 20" and a normal wheel is now $111,490 before destination and order fee. You're getting the "low" price from a while back at $107,990 before destination and order fee.

Price today:
1685140395707.png

LOL, my original order was with the yoke (no other option at the time), I have it on my S Plaid and I hate it so I am happy they offer the X without it. They should charge extra for the regular steering wheel I would gladly pay for it.

I really liked the yoke. I actually really liked the Ultra Red non-Plaid X for the week it actually effing worked. I still cannot fathom why they'd be such a-holes and turned full Tesla-suck with this entire experience. Blah.