Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X deliveries for September and beyond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting… I had to formally acknowledge the lack of USS on my MX ordered 10/24 before continuing. The timing is weird, since USS has been gone for quite a while now.

I guess I don’t really have a choice in the matter. After accepting, my delivery window instantly shrunk from Dec. 12 - Dec. 26 down to Dec. 12 - Dec. 19 and a VIN was assigned.View attachment 998430
That's quite fast considering I'm in SoCal, ordered on 10/10 and Still waiting for a VIN. EDD Dec 16-Jan 6.
It looks like the distance to the production line really matters..

Update: Everything is happening fast and furious. From day-for-day EDD slips almost straddling the New Year.

Then suddenly, USS waiver, VIN assigned, and now pickup as early as tomorrow. I booked Friday due to family logistics.

Fingers crossed there are no major defects. 🤞

I suspect there was a big pile-up in the manufacturing pipeline. Maybe that firmware issue? Now we are dealing with the pent-up flood and rush to finish the year strong.

Reactions: EvoL and Masakakyo
Update: Everything is happening fast and furious. From day-for-day EDD slips almost straddling the New Year.

Then suddenly, USS waiver, VIN assigned, and now pickup as early as tomorrow. I booked Friday due to family logistics.

Fingers crossed there are no major defects. 🤞

I suspect there was a big pile-up in the manufacturing pipeline. Maybe that firmware issue? Now we are dealing with the pent-up flood and rush to finish the year strong.
It's like riding a roller coaster😂. My edd is 12/16 to1/6 and guess I should expect the same?

Congrats and good luck on your pickup day!

Reactions: EvoL and lodar
Congrats. We are picking ours up today Ordered 10/23 MXP. How was your delivery? Car?
Delivery smooth. No paint, trim or gap/fit issues. Maybe best so far compared to S, prev x and a Y. Interesting how we went from taking delivery of our P85+ when we were the only one picking up to a roomful of people waiting for their car to be brought up. Never thought there would be a line of people checking in just to pickup a car.

Took delivery in rain, MXP Ultra Red/white/yoke/20". Still managed to do a reasonably good inspection, 1 panel gap with FWD they measured is slightly out of spec but allignment is perfect so I am not gonna mess with it. Other than that interior was immaculate. No paint/trim issues, no vibrations etc.
The kicker is I had already made the final payment and everything from the financial end was done. At the delivery time I showed them my CT order and asked if it's too late to get my 1k discount. The delivery guy made a call and I instantly got a revised MVPA with total 1500 discount now (500 self referral+1000 CT order). Was very surprised coz I never even got the email for the 1k CT off, the only email I got was an invite to design the Signature edition which I have no interest in.

Conclusion: If u have a CT order placed before launch event, definitely ask them and get the 1k discount.

Reactions: towndrunk
Took delivery in rain, MXP Ultra Red/white/yoke/20". Still managed to do a reasonably good inspection, 1 panel gap with FWD they measured is slightly out of spec but allignment is perfect so I am not gonna mess with it. Other than that interior was immaculate. No paint/trim issues, no vibrations etc.
The kicker is I had already made the final payment and everything from the financial end was done. At the delivery time I showed them my CT order and asked if it's too late to get my 1k discount. The delivery guy made a call and I instantly got a revised MVPA with total 1500 discount now (500 self referral+1000 CT order). Was very surprised coz I never even got the email for the 1k CT off, the only email I got was an invite to design the Signature edition which I have no interest in.

Conclusion: If u have a CT order placed before launch event, definitely ask them and get the 1k discount.
Very useful tip! We ordered out MX under my wife's account and I have a CT order under my account.. Not sure if they are able to honor it if I'm co-signing the MX:confused::confused::confused: