Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, there has been chatter than nothing until June, but that's probably Model-3 rather than MS / MX

Basically:

Tesla will want to delivery everything by end of Quarter - i.e. end of this March.

So they stop making cars for EU as the last ship leaves, in sufficient time for the ship to get to EU and all cars to get to punters. Then they resume making only for local market (USA / Canada) instead, as they still have time to get those to punter ... no ship needed :)

As soon as they can no longer be able to delivery to local market they make again for EU, put them on a boat and get them to customers. That takes several weeks ...

So basically between End of March and, say, 2nd week of May there are no cars arriving.

But this time around there has been talk that they won't be making M3 deliveries until June (maybe they are reorganising the factory, maybe they are prioritising LHD 'coz GB had lion's share, RHD, this quarter, maybe they think that GB will only want Model-Y from now on ... dunno)

However, the MS / MX isn't quite the same. Tesla will still want MS / MX cars in transit to be converted to completed sales to punters, rather than on the high seas, at the end-of-quarter. But MS / MX come over in containers and get reassembled, so they aren't hanging around waiting for a car-carrying ship that has space for thousands of cars. But that said I would have expected any MS / MX ordered by, say, early-ish February to be here by end of March, and anything ordered January or earlier should be a definite ... provided that the order doesn't include something that has become short-supply (sometimes things like White Seats have hit a delay for some reason). Also possible that reassembly hit some problem and the car is waiting on spares from USA.

So I think the June thing probably not applicable to MS / MX, but unlikely to be deliveries in early part of April, unless reassembly already started in March and the holdup reason was resolved in early April

Last edited:
I heard more ships are due to arrive in april so who knows

Very unlikely. If you heard that form a Tesla person they were probably making it up.

Tesla starts making for EU market again, say, last week of March, and into April.

They get puts them on a ship early April, more likely mid April ... gets here end of April at best, more likely not until early May ... and that's without the rumours that there will be no deliveries next quarter until June

Ships will be arriving with Containers of MS / MX, but "ships carrying Teslas" sounds a lot more like the Model-3 shipping

When was you order placed?

Oct/ November.

I was told Feb delivery initially. Then beginning of March then end of March/April.

But I received a text for delivery last week out of the blue. This was through lex via select car leasing.

After reading some of the other delivery nightmares on here I'm not holding my breath though.

I ordered my MX LR on 3rd October and took delivery on Wednesday 11th March so its a long wait, I managed to track mine in the container which arrived at Rotterdam on 11th Feb so was exactly 1 month for reassembly and delivery. its worth the wait!!

Right now Zenith, my Salary Sacrifice leasing company are now saying potentially June. I am trying not to compromise on the spec I have ordered as well. I don't mind Standard Range, LR or Performance, definitely need the 22s just makes the car look better IMO.
Get 20s, paint them black - that is my plan, cheaper, more comfortable ride and you don't have a long walk to the kerb after you park 'cos you were so worried about hitting your wheels :rolleyes:

I doubt that :( Many have tried, other than "immediately after placing order" I can't remember any that have been successful. Referral used to be worth a lot (from memory the referral code got me a £Grand off my first car), but now it is worth about 20-quid of home electricity, or maybe 80-quid if you were to actually need Supercharge on long trips within first 6 months ... so perhaps only in the nice-to-have category ...

Just had confirmation that they have added the code for me :D:D