TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X delivery time in US

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mrtian97, Apr 15, 2018.

1. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

just curious, how long is the delivery time nowadays for Model X

Thanks

2. DinoJuice

DinoJuice Member

Generally speaking, orders get bundled together and delivered in th US at end-of-quarter. In theory the S/X lines are currently building cars for the global markets now, so that there is enough time to get them on a boat and delivered before July 1 (Q3). As the quarter progresses they shift production to different geographies so you’ll see west coast cars sometimes trend later in the quarter, although all of this may change as the 3 ramps up and the delivery network scales. There may be opportunities to get S/X cars into owners hand a bit quicker.

That said, there are a few random reports of December orders that missed Q1 delivery and are presumably delayed until June.
    I ordered 3/23 and got a call yesterday that they’re targeting a late May production, but I’m not sure if that’s just a generic message or not.

Nick

3. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

4. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

ordered mine in mid Feb and got a June delivery date. im in So. Cal.

5. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

Thanks, seems the lead time for X is much longer than the other models. I plan to order mine in Q4, hopefully they still have the $7,500 fed tax credit (waiting when they will announce the delivery’s for the 200,000th car)

6. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

How can we be certain that we will get the credit when we take delivery?
    is It possible that we take say a July delivery and at the end of the year, IRS or Tesla discloses that the 200,000th vehicle was delivered on Jan 2nd which in turn would mean that July deliveries would only get 3750?

7. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

No, therre are alot of people tracking this and following the numbers. earliest tesla will hit 200k number will be Q2 but could very well be Q3.

8. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

That’s not my point/question. When will the IRS let the buyers know when the credit ends?
    As soon as the 200,000th car gets delivered or at the end of the year?

9. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

its in the IRS fed tax credit rules. IRS doesnt "let" the buyers know from my understanding. the car manufacturer reports it to the IRS

10. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

#10 ModlS3XY, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Thanks. My question still stands.

When will the Buyer get to know when the credit ends?
    As soon as the 200,000th car gets delivered or at the end of the year?

11. ShawnA

ShawnA Supporting Member

Hi ModlS3XY,

I will take a stab at your question.

When 200,000 is hit, the credit $7500 US is good for the remainder of that calendar quarter plus one more calendar quarter.

So you should have at least 3 months and at most slightly less than 6 months after 200,000 to get the full credit.

After that the credit is cut in half for a time...

I am sure there will be an announcement and some fanfare when they hit 200,000.

Shawn

• Like x 1
  12. HandleX

HandleX Member

What @ShawnA said is correct and repeated by my Owner Advisor.

13. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

Thanks @ShawnA and @HandleX.
    I am aware of how the credit phases out. Just not sure when the announcement will be made.
    If what you say is true, that's good .will wait and see if a big announcement happens as soon as the 200,000th car is delivered in the US.

14. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

At best the full credit last until dec. if you are not lucky, September. If the 200k car gets sold in q2, think about the wait for cars in q3.....

15. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

I think when the scorecard is announced on June 3rd for May, you should have a good indicator to see what will happen.

16. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Placed an order for an X yesterday, when do you think is the realistic delivery? The online configurator said June but I have a feeling its going to be July/August? Located in the Pacific Northwest. Any idea folks?

17. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

June is likely. Tesla will want to maximize 2nd quarter deliveries.

• Like x 1
  18. sdstevenspe

sdstevenspe Member

I placed an order for an X yesterday also, (May 2), was told delivery end June is likely .

19. SISU Life

SISU Life Member

I ordered in the second week of April. Also from the PNW and was tentatively scheduled for the third week of June as a probable delivery date.

20. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Yeah, I am expecting mine last week of June, end of quarter rush which worries me due to the rush in volume end of quarter!