Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Pending Deliveries - Postponed due to Firmware / Software Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like for the cars on this thread who had pushed appointments…most or all turned out to have decent quality control by the time delivery rolled around?

Not for me, unfortunately. SC tried to fix major FWD alignment issues (no mere panel gaps), but was unable to and we rejected delivery.

I've never seen worse FWD alignment on any Tesla Model X (and this will be our 4th). Freemont and SC QC seems unimproved at best...

Fingers crossed that the next one will be better.

Not for me, unfortunately. SC tried to fix major FWD alignment issues (no mere panel gaps), but was unable to and we rejected delivery.

I've never seen worse FWD alignment on any Tesla Model X (and this will be our 4th). Freemont and SC QC seems unimproved at best...

Fingers crossed that the next one will be better.
You made the right call. I thought my FWD alignment issues were relatively minor, SC still didn't fix it. If they are major no amount of work from them short of a full body shop panel redo will suffice. I believe mine are still fixable, let's see if 2nd try is a charm. One of my doors is sticking out along the y-axis so that the B-pillar glass is not flush with front glass. I missed that at pick up as I was mostly focused on door handle alignment and fender.

Some were wondering why Model 3/Y deliveries continued even when S/X were still getting delayed, and seems like there was a separate not-Autopilot recall specific to S/X:

Beginning on December 9, 2023, software release 2023.38.200.2 was introduced in production, which incorporates the lockout functionality that complies with FMVSS No. 214, S9.2.3(b)(1).​

That matches up with the version that people were able to take delivery.

Some were wondering why Model 3/Y deliveries continued even when S/X were still getting delayed, and seems like there was a separate not-Autopilot recall specific to S/X:

Beginning on December 9, 2023, software release 2023.38.200.2 was introduced in production, which incorporates the lockout functionality that complies with FMVSS No. 214, S9.2.3(b)(1).​

That matches up with the version that people were able to take delivery.

This lines up with my delivery also. My 12/9 delivery was delayed until 12/11 and it still has 2023.38.200.2 on it