Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Pending Deliveries - Postponed due to Firmware / Software Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My second delivery appointment that was scheduled for tomorrow 12/15 was just rescheduled by Tesla to next Friday 12/22. My first delivery appointment was scheduled for 12/8 and that was also cancelled by Tesla. They tell me the car still needs a firmware update and they don't know when that will happen.

Reactions: zoomer0056
My second delivery appointment that was scheduled for tomorrow 12/15 was just rescheduled by Tesla to next Friday 12/22. My first delivery appointment was scheduled for 12/8 and that was also cancelled by Tesla. They tell me the car still needs a firmware update and they don't know when that will happen.
This is crazy. Sorry for the delay! It makes no sense what is going on right now.

Reactions: StevenSD
This is pretty much the same boat I've been in - keep getting told they have no idea. Doesn't really make sense.

interesting how some are taking delivery no issues and some are constantly getting pushes. Wonder if its more than software...
That's my fear. Really bad experience considering it's my first Tesla purchase. Really makes me worry it's beyond a software update and there's other actual issues with the vehicles that left the assembly line in a certain batch.

interesting how some are taking delivery no issues and some are constantly getting pushes. Wonder if its more than software...
This is what doesn’t make any sense. They keep telling me that the car needs a firmware update that hasn’t been released yet. Either the firmware has been released or it hasn’t. If it hasn’t been released, how are some people still getting deliveries?

This is what doesn’t make any sense. They keep telling me that the car needs a firmware update that hasn’t been released yet. Either the firmware has been released or it hasn’t. If it hasn’t been released, how are some people still getting deliveries?
I know what it is. It the front bumper camera. This is the first that hardware has preceeded software.

I know what it is. It the front bumper camera. This is the first that hardware has preceeded software.

Would be nice! But I don't think thats coming for some time!

It amazes me that we don't get more leaks in the Tesla supply chain. Even just a truck driver moving a moving a bunch of model X's or an eagle eyed Tesla fan spotting something.

I just got a call from Tesla Jacksonville. They've postponed my delivery for tomorrow out to Saturday 12/16 but pretty much told me that they can't even confirm if it will be ready by then. They said they've received zero communication and are in the dark. Something just doesn't seem right about this whole situation.

This is my first Tesla purchase (it's really for my wife, not me) but I can say this has been by far the most frustrating purchase/build i've ever experienced and I've purchased from 4 other manufactures in the past.
We got postponed twice more since my previous post. This is rough. Our next date is Mon the 18th 🫠

Took delivery today in WPB Florida. Perfect with regards to alignment and paint but did find a minor tear / puncture hole in passenger front seat cushion. Didn’t see it until I got home due to weather conditions during delivery and made a service request immediately. Hoping they don’t fight replacing the seat at their expense.

Reactions: zoomer0056