TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X driver door will open when unlock with the key fob

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by WilliamZ, Sep 29, 2016.

1. WilliamZ

WilliamZ Member

during late June 2016, there was an over the air update for X, and one of the item was "Key Fob Improvement", which "the driver's door will now open when you unlock Model X with the key fob.

I don't have the optional package with self presenting front doors. However, when I unlock the car using key fob, the driver's Model-X-touchscreen-falcon-wing-doors-update.jpg Model-X-touchscreen-falcon-wing-doors-update.jpg Model-X-touchscreen-falcon-wing-doors-update.jpg door will open from time to time.

Can anyone confirm if the none tech package X should be doing this?

I remember the update Model X update v7.1 (2.24.78) had this feature for all Model X. Thank you!

2. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    This is actually a feature of the Premium Upgrade Package.

I don't have that package, but my driver door has opened on occasion when unlocking with the key fob. I wouldn't mind if they made it a permanent feature on all Model X.