Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Email: All Rez holders to configure in 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping that there will eventually be an option for folding second row seats. Does this development mean that all reservation holders will be locked in to the current offering of fixed seats once they configure?
I believe you can defer once if you don't want to confirm your order with the options that are available at the time your number comes up. I'm not sure how long they'll let you defer though.

Back to the original post - what # are you in line? I am in US, #17,XXX and have not received any such email.

From what I can tell, everyone in the US should have gotten one. I'm ahead of you, but we seem to have all received it simultaneously, so you should check your marketing/opt-out, etc. Or give Tesla some push about their CRM software, which probably needs some work.

Wasn't in my spam, but a call to TM confirmed that yes, I should have received one and will be getting it in short order.

One email, not one Model X......

On edit: received the email within an hour. TM also had confirmed that initially I had not been sent one. I reminded them that Alaska is in the U.S. (that wasn't the problem).

Last edited:
I placed my reservation within the last month and got the email. It was intended to be sent to all reservation holders, whether it went to your spam folder or there was some other error you should call and see why- because that's also probably the email method they are going to tell you that you can sign into the design studio and order the car.

Chrome Bookmarking Your Tesla Account to Check for Invitation

What I did is add this link to my Bookmarks Bar on Chrome:

Code:
https://my.teslamotors.com/mytesla/profile?rn=RN######

Where ###### is the rest of my actual unique reservation number, the primary key in their database, which you should never publish here or anywhere else.

A cookie keeps me logged-into Tesla's website. I'll be clicking this a few times each day this coming week, since they are supposed to start inviting the first batch of X Production reservationists to configure as early as Weds. 10/21 (or perhaps Thurs. 10/22 since the X Sigs were invited Tues/Thurs) iff the "next few weeks" email we received on Oct. 7th is actual calendar days and not Tesla Time:

Model X Is Here Email.JPG

It will be interesting to see how they will batch invitations while hoping "to invite all reservation holders to configure their cars before the end of 2015." They will have approx. 10 weeks + 2 days to do so if they start on 10/21, about 72 days. ModelXTracker | Welcome is showing 21,282 production USA reservations - not sure if it includes WAG for cancellations(?) - but using that figure an average of 296 X reservationists per day would have to be invited to configure from the beginning through 12/31/2015.