Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Doors Getting Fixed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is amazing news. Thanks for the update with the vids. I bought an XLR ‘24 about a month ago, and while this door situation wasn’t a deal breaker, I didn’t feel so good about going backwards on a new model. I can rest easy now knowing this is coming down the road. Just updated from 12.3.x to 12.14.9 yesterday, so I assume this won’t happen for me anytime immediately, but still very excited.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
This is amazing news. Thanks for the update with the vids. I bought an XLR ‘24 about a month ago, and while this door situation wasn’t a deal breaker, I didn’t feel so good about going backwards on a new model. I can rest easy now knowing this is coming down the road. Just updated from 12.3.x to 12.14.9 yesterday, so I assume this won’t happen for me anytime immediately, but still very excited.
I see you're pretty new here so just an FYI, this TeslaFi site linked below is a good one to bookmark.

It shows a good sample size (20,000+) of the Tesla owners fleet globally as far as software rollouts and where the distribution of vehicle are based on their hardware and other variables.

You can click on the blue version numbers to get more details as well as release notes, can filter the charts by vehicle type, etc. Basically you can see what's coming before you get it most of the time and/or look into your status if its been a while since an update.

Here's the current majority Model X distribution overall. 👀

1718289296571.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene Parmesan
Ok so now the doors swing open aggressively and hit whatever is in their way. Bravo Tesla. Works great while nothing is in the way. Parking this thing next to other peoples cars gives me anxiety like no other. God forbid you pull in next to someone that backed in so now the FWD will hit their side mirror (never detects them). I've gotten used to telling people in the back seats "WAIT FOR ME TO OPEN THE DOOR" lol. What a waste.

Ok so now the doors swing open aggressively and hit whatever is in their way. Bravo Tesla. Works great while nothing is in the way. Parking this thing next to other peoples cars gives me anxiety like no other. God forbid you pull in next to someone that backed in so now the FWD will hit their side mirror (never detects them). I've gotten used to telling people in the back seats "WAIT FOR ME TO OPEN THE DOOR" lol. What a waste.

Back doors?