Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X, error message "Plan your next charge"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 MXP has a window constantly popping up in the middle of the display screen with the following text.

"Plan your next charge"

"You are almost too far from known charging locations."

Does anyone know what is going on? And/or how to turn it off? I keep canceling but it pops ups again. I also have closed the window with the "x"...no joy. I'm to the point there is no pleasure driving the vehicle with the window like that constantly and randomly popping up.

Curious. I've only seen that once on my 2017 when I planned a destination at a Montana campground with a NEMA 14-50 and there were no know Tesla superchargers or destination chargers with distance given my current battery SOC.

What is your scenario? You must have a destination picked and have a similar circumstance? I see you are from Ketchikan, Alaska.

I haven't heard of your scenario but it seems like an obvious one that Tesla should have accounted for. I don't recall related options.

azKm20q.jpg

No destination selected. We have approximately 36 miles of paved road and my vehicle is kept charged between 50% to 80%.

Strange and annoying at the same time. I just had a visitor riding with me and the silly window kept popping up as we were driving into town and back. It's getting to be beyond ridicuous.

Attachments

• IMG_5641.jpeg
    IMG_5641.jpeg
    658.4 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: gillfoto
No destination selected. We have approximately 36 miles of paved road and my vehicle is kept charged between 50% to 80%.

Strange and annoying at the same time. I just had a visitor riding with me and the silly window kept popping up as we were driving into town and back. It's getting to be beyond ridicuous.
Clearly sounds like a software bug. No doubt based on your location you are a strange corner case.
Is your normal charging location (home) set as "Home"?
Home and Work locations also display under the navigation search bar. Touch to set an address to the corresponding location. After entering the address, touch Save as Home or Save as Work.
manual location URL

Reactions: lightgreen
Clearly sounds like a software bug. No doubt based on your location you are a strange corner case.
Is your normal charging location (home) set as "Home"?

manual location URL
Home location is set and has been for quite a while. I sincerely thank you for your comments, we drove into town this afternoon, during a 20 mile (+/-) drive the error message window popped up no less than five times in the middle of the display screen. I'm going to go the route of a service ticket via the Tesla app to see if they can help.

I am having the same issue last few days in my MYP. It looks like it's no longer seeing any chargers on the map so it's warning that I am out of range of charging. If I select navigate to charger it doesn't show any. I think it's a map issue at Tesla's end?
I honestly have no idea but, it's one of the most annoying things I've had to experience in a very long time. Tesla has been no help at all.

• Informative
set your HOME and WORK locations. That should solve it.
Hi John, both locations are there. When this first started I thought the same but after I checked it hasn't changed from when I first entered it back in January.
Has this happened since the day you brought it home?
How long ago was that?
Start after some OTA?
This just started to happen recently...no more than two weeks, perhaps less. When the vehicle was picked up in December there were no issues with the vehicle at all until this window started to randomly pop up.
I do recall there was an over the air update that was hung up for weeks...the spinning circle of death...Tesla had to fix it over the air and it finally installed. Other than that, I have no idea what this could be related to.

• Informative