TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X Exceeded Charge limit last night...

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Ryshaw, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Ryshaw

Ryshaw Member

Interestingly, my Model X exceeded its user set 90% max charge limit. Instead, it charged to about 95% on its own, which is interesting, and the first time it's down so after about 50 or so overnight charges. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if this is a software glitch with the V 8.1 2017.34 2448cfc software installed at the SC week before last. Ultimately, I want to make sure I don't have an issue with my battery.

2. larmor

larmor Active Member

Its begun-- AI has taken over, and determined you will need more mileage today. Do not question it, just keep driving...

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 3
  3. Lump

Lump Active Member

Reboot.

• Like x 1
  4. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

My autopilot took me through a park, using a new routing algorithm. Scared the bejezus out of a rabbit, two dogs, and some small children. Perhaps Skynet is just flexing its muscles a little bit ?

5. animorph

animorph Member

It has happened at least once before, on another thread.

If it was happening more I'd think it could be a periodic battery rebalance, which requires charging well over 90%. But it seems more like a bug. I've never had it happen in nearly 6 months of daily charging.

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

The interesting thing would be, once it charges 'too high' does it 'eat up the extra' and come down to the 90% or whatever, and go back to normal or not?

7. Lump

Lump Active Member

TeslaFi has many great features, one is reminding to plug at night if someone forgot & the other an alert if charge has exceeded a percentage, in my case 94%.

TeslaFi.com Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 3.39.49 PM.png

• Informative x 2
  8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Definitely going to remember to set that up in TeslaFi. Excellent way to know if the car isn't obeying!
    TeslaFi is an excellent $50/year investment in knowing what is going on with the car.

9. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

The car does that when you start charging from a low state like below 60 miles

• Informative x 1