Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X FWDs in Garage Will Not Open At All

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, indication is that the top sensor, not the side sensors, is the one keeping the doors from opening.

Have tried this and still get same issue sometimes. Also too tough for my wife to do on a daily basis, only about 1” clearance for the mirrors on both sides and she doesn’t trust herself.
You're describing what I experience to a T. We have an 8ft wide door (7ft height) and it's just barely enough width to fit. I had summon successfully go in and out one time, but every other time I have tried it fails. Pulling in is actually fine, and backing in probably wouldn't help you because your garage probably isn't deep enough for it to make a difference. I have to override every time to get a full open even with "Always open fully at this location" set, but I can open the door that doesn't have a wall next to it all the way with override and it stops just shy of the rails. I originally didn't think it would fit, but I had it on Very High because of our driveway. On standard, it fits fine, but ever so barely. I suspect you have the same problem I had, and I'd definitely have the service center look at it the next time you're in unless it starts working consistently. Mine also worked one time prior to having the service center look at it, but that one time was before they wouldn't open at all as opposed to mixed in the middle like yours.

Reactions: NewTMSMan
My FWDs just do whatever the hell they want. They can open with no problem to max height in my garage and I have it set to fully open as well but at times they just open 3/4 of the way. Sometimes they do this out in a wide open parking lot as well for no particular reason.

I've had this checked by service and everything is working as intended.

I've just accepted this as one of those "Tesla" things. SMH