Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Graveyard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I poked around a bit but I couldn't find any threads for sharing when our Model X's come to an untimely end. I'm starting this thread as a place to post as a place to share, whether your fault or by fault of another, your beloved model X goes to the parking lot in the sky. Just a reminder as well to use discretion on what you post here, as you always should with ongoing insurance claims.

So I figured I'd start off by sharing my own sad story of our Model X 75D "OCISLY" named after the Space X's own Autonomous Spaceport Drone Ship named: "Of Course I Still Love You". We picked her up in December '17 from the Dallas and put over 1,000 miles in two days driving her back to Phoenix. This was to be sure we qualified for the tax credit, as there was a bill in congress which could potentially end the subsidy altogether starting Jan 1 2018 (the bill ended up falling through fortunately. We put just over 20,000 miles in about 18 months when my wife was going to work one afternoon and a drunk driver racing down the freeway hit the car from behind. The tire was ripped off, and the car spun out into the wire median. The drunk driver proceeded to run (how they could still drive, I'll never know) but proceeded to get into another wreck about 1.5 miles down the road totaling her car. My wife fortunately walked away, the other driver was taken away in a police car.;

The insurance process was actually extremely quick and easy and fair and I'd recommend my insurance (State Farm) to anyone because for all the crap we had to deal with, insurance was by far the easiest. And without further adieu, some post-mortem pics.

MVIMG_20190503_184600.jpg

IMG_7783.jpg IMG_20190503_201612.jpg IMG_7770.jpg IMG_20190503_200111.jpg IMG_20190503_200144.jpg MVIMG_20190503_184939.jpg

My wife really loved that car, we ended getting a new nearly identical looking (albeit Performance + Ludicrous this time) we call "OCISLY2", but for mothers day this year I ended up taking a bit of aluminum that got ripped off the car in the wreck and fashioning it into a Tesla charm. I've never made jewelry before in my life, but I'm happy how it came out with my limited skill:
2019-05-11.jpg

It's little tiny, and not really feasible to actually wear because it's practically a dagger, but that aside it was a fun little project.