Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X iPad holder.

ryancrase

Jun 11, 2020
Los Angeles
Searching everywhere for a wet to mount an iPad to the front seat for my son in the back. Can’t find anything and I’m a little surprised. Maybe I should simply invent it?

elguapo

Supporting Member
Apr 24, 2013
Maryland
Use the clothes hanger sold by many after market shops for rear of front seats and hang iPad there with a case. It works quite well.

snorp

Oct 1, 2019
Atlanta
I squeeze mine between the two front seats on top of the front arm rest. Plug it into power and play audio through the speakers via bluetooth. Works well for my kids.

JetFalcon

Dec 31, 2018
Orange County CA
I'm just wondering if a kid watches a full movie through streaming, will that rack up the cellular bill? I remember around 2006, there was a flip phone that was able to watch TV shows live, and thought that was so cool. And now it seemed that idea just turned into streaming rather than watching TV shows traditionally.

Most the time, places like trains / airplanes / hotels usually have WiFi if an adult isn't driving.

I find it hard to enjoy movies while in a car, I rather just look outside even if I was passenger.

elguapo

Supporting Member
Apr 24, 2013
Maryland
Which cell bill? The Tesla can’t be used as a hotspot. Streaming through rear screen (or front) is unlimited with Premium Connectivity, which is $9.99/mo after first year.

As for your own cell bill, obviously depends on your plan.

KentuckyX

Mar 15, 2018
Louisville, KY
Searching everywhere for a wet to mount an iPad to the front seat for my son in the back. Can’t find anything and I’m a little surprised. Maybe I should simply invent it?
Have you looked at a mount from ProClip? They sell all kinds of mounts, including for iPads. These would require you to get a little creative with mounting them. If you’re looking for something permanent, you could mount directly onto the seat back. The screws they use are fairly small, so they wouldn’t leave humongous holes in the seat back. But that’s something you’d have to grapple with. It’s possible 2-sided 3M tape would work.

KentuckyX

Mar 15, 2018
Louisville, KY
02CEAC09-284F-4FC0-9454-41686DAFB482.jpeg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC