Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Leasing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to Lease a Tesla Model X and Tesla did not ask for your income? I was just curious because I am not employed but am financially stable.

Maybe you can do a lease with a US Bank or Ally Financial and just do a one-pay lease? Like they'd still ask for income but since you're doing a one-pay they wouldn't care to verify that income.

Upvote 0
@holeydonut however could I get away with it if I was financing with Tesla?

If someone with access to all that big-data-fun-stuff were to look up your SSN on the IRS website right now, what would they see were your reported 2022 and reported YTD 2023 Earnings?

If you're financially well off but have no source of reported earnings (from employment, sale of stock, a trust, structured settlement, or blah) then I think it's weird you're leasing anything.

Upvote 0
If someone with access to all that big-data-fun-stuff were to look up your SSN on the IRS website right now, what would they see were your reported 2022 and reported YTD 2023 Earnings?

If you're financially well off but have no source of reported earnings (from employment, sale of stock, a trust, structured settlement, or blah) then I think it's weird you're leasing anything.
It’s mostly because I don’t have to worry about resale value, selling in general etc. and because I could upgrade every 2-3 years

Upvote 0
It’s mostly because I don’t have to worry about resale value, selling in general etc. and because I could upgrade every 2-3 years

Give US Bank a call and see if they'll support you doing a one-pay lease on a new 2023 Tesla without income verification. BTW Tesla doesn't actually have a captive financing arm. So while a BMW has a BMWFS or Mercedes has MBFS, Tesla just farms out loans and leases to the likes of US Bank, Wells, Chase, etc.

But, you may have a better time leasing a BMW iX/i4 or Mercedes EQS/EQE since they'll actually work with people to get into a car. You may be mega-financial secure, but if you want to save money you'd go with a German automaker right now since they're trying to undercut Tesla on BEV leases. That magical $7,500 federal EV incentive has no income or MSRP limit on leases. You can lease a fully loaded EQS580 SUV for 3 years with a one-pay lease for ~$40k. Probably the same deal on a iX M60

Last edited:
Upvote 0