TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X moving to stores

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by EV2BFREE, Jun 30, 2014.

1. EV2BFREE

EV2BFREE Member

I have a source telling me of a Model X getting detailed in West Chester, possibly for a move to a local Tesla Store. King of Prussia is the closest store. Will they roll out Model Xs in the stores first to try and help generate reservations?

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

It's most likely one of the two prototypes that they have shown in a number of stores over the past year. They sometimes have them for store openings, sometimes seemingly "randomly".

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Agree. They have not yet unveiled the final production-version Model X. This is almost certainly one of the two prototypes that they move around.

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Curious it would be headed to KOP though... That store isn't new. I know it was here earlier in the year for the auto show, but I know of nothing going on now.

5. vgrinshpun

vgrinshpun Active Member

It is more likely destined to be displayed in Devon, PA store. To my knowledge the SC in Devon is open for few weeks, but the store did not have official opening yet. Perhaps they moved this early prototype to be displayed during the Devon store opening.

6. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

I agree with VG. The Devon location has just opened and is a combo of a 'gallery' and a large SC. Lots of space for expansion and I see it being a major delivery hub for the greater Philadelphia region moving forward. Since KOP and Devon are only 15 minutes from each other they could easily display it in both places over a 2-3 week period.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Ah I didn't know the Devon location was going to be an actual store.