Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Range Boost reported in Jan 29 earnings call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greencarreports.com is reporting that Musk said the X and S again have more range than what is on the website and that they havent updated the EPA's certified number. Any speculation on where the current Raven LR 328 mile range could will be going?? I think this is big news assuming no change in battery solution coming any time soon.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo
Friend of mine bought LR Raven X few weeks back. The pack in it reported 99.2kWh of energy available *for use* and that looks like a slight improvement indeed, especially given that it's paired with the new permanent magnet engine.

Reactions: wreighven
Currently waiting to get my delivery in about 3 weeks, were you guys able to figure out any clarity on this as of yet? I heard the same thing in the earnings report.

It's so difficult for me to decide whether I should pay the $100 cancellation fee, wait for the battery refresh, or if 2020 deliveries will have the refresh.

Am in the same boat... delivery scheduled for next weekend and breaking my head over it.

My guess is that the battery refresh will only be announced during Battery day - but the timing of it hitting MX production is what bothers me. Is it going to be a year long wait or just a few weeks.

Currently waiting to get my delivery in about 3 weeks, were you guys able to figure out any clarity on this as of yet? I heard the same thing in the earnings report.

It's so difficult for me to decide whether I should pay the $100 cancellation fee, wait for the battery refresh, or if 2020 deliveries will have the refresh.

If its the Blue long range model x ...
Cancel it .... So i can take delivery faster... lol...

I took a road trip last week that was around 417 miles each way. I'll attach the screenshots of my TeslaFi statistics. I was shocked at how efficient the Model X was on the trip. It seems much more efficient than I remember my 2014 P85 Model S being, but I sold that 3 years ago and could be mistaken. I was just prepared for the X to be really in-efficient after reading threads......my experience with my 2020 Performance Model X has been nothing but positive.

IMG_4094.jpg
IMG_4095.jpg

My 2018 Model X P100D to get 289 miles of rated range, should be at 346Wh/m. Without searching the Tesla.com site, what is the 2020 supposed to get to reach rated range?

Your 313 seems very good, but your efficiency shows less than 100%.

Am in the same boat... delivery scheduled for next weekend and breaking my head over it.

My guess is that the battery refresh will only be announced during Battery day - but the timing of it hitting MX production is what bothers me. Is it going to be a year long wait or just a few weeks.
Tesla is always making changes and waiting for the next big thing you will never actually buy. Elon said the chemistry changes for batteries have been in all cells for a while. My MS75D has only lost 3% from new 2 yrs 24k miles.