Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Rear AC Fan Doesn't Blow Much Air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 75D 5-seater Model X and I noticed that the AC in the back of the car does not blow much air and is very weak compared to the front seats. Since mine is a 5-seater, I do not have a "front" or "rear" option when controlling the AC's settings (as far as I know, this is because it has one fan instead of two like the 6 and 7-seaters). This means that I get the same options in terms of fan speed for both the front and rear area.

I have noticed that closing one or two of the vents in the front area increases the air flow in the back, but it is still not up to a satisfactory level that would instantly cool the area (I often have passengers complaining about it being hot in the back).

Is there any solution to this problem? Whether it is by playing with the settings, getting it fixed at the service center, or maybe retrofitting a second fan to have it work like the 6 and 7-seater models (if that is even an option)?

That is a disadvantage of the 5 seater ..single AC ...you cannot retrofit ..only solution is what you mentioned ..close front vents etc ...alternately depending on where you are at and what type of tint ..I found my photosync tint does wonders in the SoCal desert ..compared to previous tint I had in S ..but I also have six seater :p:D;)

Many threads on this. I’d look for some of the older ones which had a lot of experimentation on maximizing cooling in a 5-seater. There’s no fix for this for the 5-seat owners’ and the 7-seater bench was the answer for many of us (myself included)