Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X rear passenger window not closing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my wife's MX rear window will not close from the FWD switch or the driver switch. The window lock is not active.

Any suggestions?

It's a 2016 early VIN. No clue where the fuses are. Anyone have any tips?
I'll assume a two finger reboot didn't help.

Window or windows --- both don't work?

Re: Fuses -- nice page on that -- Tesla Fuses

Assuming this is what you indicated that you don't below is on.

l9hgJ2B.jpg

Reactions: Cuttin
So my wife's MX rear window will not close from the FWD switch or the driver switch. The window lock is not active.

Any suggestions?

It's a 2016 early VIN. No clue where the fuses are. Anyone have any tips?
I've Googled fuses before. VERY complicated unless it's in the funk fuse box. That's right next to the 12v. Drivers side near windshield.

The other fuse box is mad deep behind screen somewhere.

Thankfully somehow they replaced my fuse under warranty. My tesla branded tire inflator blew the fuse. After that I only use the trunk plug for it. I figure if that blows it's not as important. It's an AWESOME inflator for bikes.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I'll assume a two finger reboot didn't help.

Window or windows --- both don't work?

Re: Fuses -- nice page on that -- Tesla Fuses

Assuming this is what you indicated that you don't below is on.

l9hgJ2B.jpg
Thanks.
So I’ve been an IT consultant for over 30yrs. The 1st thing out of my mouth to my clients is “did you reboot?” I failed to take my own advice.
With your nudge I did, and all is well.
Since we’ve had Tesla’s since early 2014 I’ve never had the windows fail to work because of the MCU.
Now I know.
Thanks

Thanks.
So I’ve been an IT consultant for over 30yrs. The 1st thing out of my mouth to my clients is “did you reboot?” I failed to take my own advice.
With your nudge I did, and all is well.
Since we’ve had Tesla’s since early 2014 I’ve never had the windows fail to work because of the MCU.
Now I know.
Thanks
Hey, you are very welcome. I'm a retired software developer for many years and realize that strange code pathways happen sometimes in unique scenarios. As well as when even small parts of memory get corrupted or overlayed that code reference that can do some strange strange things (ie. unexpected bit flag combinations).