Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x/s 2020 deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm similar to yourself, possibly a bit further behind as I'm told my S wasn't on Iowa, hoping to find out more in the next day or two if it was on the Nijmegen, but interested to hear timelines once it gets offloaded....
Also making it worse is that I am through a lease company so there may be days of delays there before I get contacted!

I think my X is on the Maersk Nijmegen too, so a bit behind you. If it helps my timeline is as follows (also on lease)

Order placed: 03/07
Left Factory: 15/07
Left Houston: 05/08
Arrives Rotterdam 22/08
Delivery estimate: 07-09 to 11/09

So its likely 2-3 weeks after the Iowa arrived in Rotterdam based on the above.

Estimate when ordering was August, arriving 2nd week in September all being well. So that will be up to 10 weeks from order to delivery.

It seems to be pot luck and it depends when your order is matched to a build. They aren't built to order, they will build cars at random, you just have to hope your spec matches something they build relatively quickly.

Fingers crossed..

There were cars in transit, but they had the 21" wheels which I don't really want.
Otherwise, there was a couple of existing inventory that matched... With potholes up here, I don't want to be changing tyre surprises or to feel each pothole like a face punch like I had in the BMW...

They are quite limited with options.. Wish they offered the 19" in black rims. Or the long range with carbon fiber interior which I would have settled for(didn't like the wooden dash or the practicality of the white Seats!) .

The local sales girl said not to worry. They will deliver by end of September so hope they are right!' I'll be on to them till I get a delivery date lol.

Ive probably waited the longest out of anyone this year. Ordered in late November!!!! First it was march, then april then covid. At least now i have a delivery date booked on 7th of september. I guess i was just really unlucky.

From what I understood, they have loads coming, and around 700 cars coming enroute and more coming so I would think yours is on one of those ships currently! I guess due to covid, US sales impacted quite a bit so they are focusing on production for other markets

Fingers crossed..

There were cars in transit, but they had the 21" wheels which I don't really want.
Otherwise, there was a couple of existing inventory that matched... With potholes up here, I don't want to be changing tyre surprises or to feel each pothole like a face punch like I had in the BMW...

They are quite limited with options.. Wish they offered the 19" in black rims. Or the long range with carbon fiber interior which I would have settled for(didn't like the wooden dash or the practicality of the white Seats!) .

The local sales girl said not to worry. They will deliver by end of September so hope they are right!' I'll be on to them till I get a delivery date lol.

From what I understood, they have loads coming, and around 700 cars coming enroute and more coming so I would think yours is on one of those ships currently! I guess due to covid, US sales impacted quite a bit so they are focusing on production for other markets
Yeah ive been confirmed now. I had to do a manual match. So just once a day just refresh the tesla inventory and if you find one that matches your spec call up tesla as soon as possible.

ordered my X in January, Spec:
  • Model X Performance
  • Ludicrous Mode
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 22" Onyx Black Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging

Been told I have a vin a few weeks back, being told to expect it to be with me "second week of September". lets see if it happens this time, throughout the year I've been told so much BS. lol

Yeah ive been confirmed now. I had to do a manual match. So just once a day just refresh the tesla inventory and if you find one that matches your spec call up tesla as soon as possible.

Thanks for the tip! I am refreshing it every couple of hours lol.. Actually found a service that sends you an email alert as soon as a car is matched from tesla inventory.

• Model X Performance
  • Ludicrous Mode
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 22" Onyx Black Wheels
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

Been told I have a vin a few weeks back, being told to expect it to be with me "second week of September". lets see if it happens this time, throughout the year I've been told so much BS. lol
Ouch..... That's alot of time.. What was the estimated delivery when you've put the order? Such a gorgeous build though! Keep us posted.

I am really concerned it won't be delivered by 31st of October. Because how my finances work, I really need to have it before that date.

Mine is:
Model S performance
Red multi coated color
Black interior with carbon fiber
19" silver (they don't do 19" black yet)
Self driving (will add it after it arrives as its software and can be invoiced seperately)

Spent hours searching Model X. But was worried about the reliability of the falcon doors in 5+ years time. So settled for more range with the S.

What do you guys think about the white interior on the red. Been contemplating whether to settle for existing inventory one with white interior, red multicoat AND 19" black rims... Don't know what resale value impact it may have, or if the seats are as good as they claim on all the YouTube videos...

• Model X Performance
  • Ludicrous Mode
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 22" Onyx Black Wheels
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

Question @nandol97.. How did you get the unlimited supercharging? I thought this was removed last year..

• Model X Performance
  • Ludicrous Mode
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 22" Onyx Black Wheels
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

If you are second week of september tesla probably shoulve been in contact by now.

Thanks for the tip! I am refreshing it every couple of hours lol.. Actually found a service that sends you an email alert as soon as a car is matched from tesla inventory.

original estimated delivery was March, then was told may, then July lol. I have a vin number now so a little more optimistic.

Ouch..... That's alot of time.. What was the estimated delivery when you've put the order? Such a gorgeous build though! Keep us posted.

I am really concerned it won't be delivered by 31st of October. Because how my finances work, I really need to have it before that date.

Mine is:
Model S performance
Red multi coated color
Black interior with carbon fiber
19" silver (they don't do 19" black yet)
Self driving (will add it after it arrives as its software and can be invoiced seperately)

Spent hours searching Model X. But was worried about the reliability of the falcon doors in 5+ years time. So settled for more range with the S.

What do you guys think about the white interior on the red. Been contemplating whether to settle for existing inventory one with white interior, red multicoat AND 19" black rims... Don't know what resale value impact it may have, or if the seats are as good as they claim on all the YouTube videos...