Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - Signature Edition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello !

I am seriously considering a Model X signature series (performance + ludicrous but AP1) with ~40K mileage being quoted for ~71K.
It is fully loaded with all options. But since it is a 2016 car, it will run out of warranty in Jan.

Is this really worth the price point?

Desperately looking for serious advice from members who know the market !

Thanks!
RK

It's a private seller. Carfax report looks clean, the options look really good. I am not particularly biased towards EAP and FSD. So looking for opinions one what the tradeoffs are if going with a car having AP1. I also plan to take the 4 yr extended warrenty, will that help with the early models issues? Any other way to know what the issues with the car were? Can I contact tesla with the vin?

Tesla will never tell you the history of the car. Better to have the seller give you the records if you want.

We have a late 2016 X P90DL. The single, only problem was some mechanism for seat controls rattling behind front passenger. Mobile service fixed it by taping foam onto the inside of the back plastic piece. Not a single thing else (knocking on wood). No idea why some advise people to stay away. Pretty foolish and very anecdotal in my opinion. No problem with battery degradation or acceleration shudder as some people have concerns about. No gap issues in body panel or anything. Actually, my 2016 X panels are more aligned than some of the 2018 S, X, and 3’s I saw when I went to pick up a Tesla last year.

If you don’t care about FSD, from my experience, AP1 is better as it is a lot smoother and less jerky staying in between the lane lines than AP2. Though AP2 has gotten better and has a higher ceiling.

By the way, is it a signature red? Besides the white, which we have, that signature red is sexy. It’s dark but in a good way.

Reactions: P85_DA and ModelX
Thank you KSilver2000 and gigacar...I will be test driving it in a few days. Yes, it's a signature red.

Any pointers on what to look for when I test drive it? Will I be able to take it to tesla service to do a checkup...ala regular cars?

Sorry, if you are going to spend so much money, don’t get a dead end AP car. AP1 will never be updated.

Early MX cars definitely have more issues. My 2016 MX was bought back by Tesla after spending 43 days in a shop over 9 month period.

It’s your decision of course, but do your due diligence.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I have a 2016 P90D Signature X that I upgraded to a P100D.
There were a few minor problems initially but overall it has been a great vehicle.
The Sig red is spectacular! You will have a few features that don’t exist anymore like the retractable spoiler.
Tesla will not sell the extended warranty to anyone other than the originally owner. (Poor policy in my opinion)

I recently purchased a 2016 Model X 90D with 23K manufactured 5/16 directly from Tesla in Central Florida (I live in South Florida). The car was originally listed on the Tesla web site on 12-29-18 for $79,100. Bought it on 3-25-19 for under $65,000. It has the 4 year, 50K mile warranty. Picked the car up on 4-6-19.

I think I got a real good deal... the original owner left the Window Sticker on the glove box.

Have had 2 issues so far. The front passenger seat rattles when there is someone seated on it. I have an appointment to get that checked. The second issue is that the rear camera is not as high definition as the one in Model S. The camera was replaced but still not as good as the Model S (9-16 manufactured date).
GHQY4769.JPG

IMG_8706.JPG

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA