Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Split in 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weakpoint? LMAO, if that happened to any other car the occupants would've died while the Model X driver walked away with minor injuries.
The driver of the other car involved in the incident also walked away. His passenger wasn't as lucky. Any passengers in the back of the X might not have been so lucky either. Lot of lucky people in that intersection on that day

I'm impressed at the battery pack's integrity - the rear subframe went with the back 1/3 of the car and left the battery pretty much untouched

Last edited:
The video of this crash resurfaced yesterday in the UK on, of all places a motorhome (RV) forum. Believe it or not the thread title was “Electric car battery explodes”! Either complete ignorance or the anti EV brigade are at it again. I’m afraid my response to the thread was rather blunt!

Reactions: croman
I have to imagine some of this stuff is being amplified by glorified astroturfers

The coincidence of some sort of FUD being shared around coinciding with good news about Tesla, for instance with a $1.6B chaching announced yesterday, sure seems to be a frequent thing