Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Standard Range "Included Options" Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I've been searching the forums and in general online online trying to find out which options were "free of charge" or included in the discontinued Standard Range Raven Model X. I have a reservation for an inventory Standard Range X and my SA said that options like 22" Wheels and Silver Metallic paint color were free of charge options back when the Standard Range was available and that those options had and still have and additional cost Long Range version of the X ($5k and $1.5k respectively) which is kind of counter-intuitive in my opinion.

Are there any fellow forum members who ordered the Standard Range X a few months back when it was available and added the 22" wheels and a paint option other than the free color? if so, did you pay extra for those options or were they included?

I'm not complaining about "free" options, but included vs non-included options have an impact on the residual of the vehicle and the terms of the lease. It's not a deal breaker but I'm very curious if this is really the case.

For your reference, this is what my order agreement shows:

View attachment 489069

This car as a $6k discount as a showroom model

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Looks like the attachment didn't upload. Here it is:

Attachments

• Vehicle Order.JPG
    Vehicle Order.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 97
You’re not thinking of paying that amount are you? That would be crazy to pay that for a pre Raven X 75D.

Did you price out a new LR?

This is a Raven X. I'm not sure how Tesla is producing them, but I specifically asked the build date and my SA confirmed is a Late Nov car. It's not local so I cannot verify myself until it gets here.

I did price out a LR. It comes at $105,490 with the exact same configuration. I've been monitoring the prices for the last month and a half and haven't found anything better. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm only interested in leasing for 3 years.

Thanks

This is a Raven X. I'm not sure how Tesla is producing them, but I specifically asked the build date and my SA confirmed is a Late Nov car. It's not local so I cannot verify myself until it gets here.

I did price out a LR. It comes at $105,490 with the exact same configuration. I've been monitoring the prices for the last month and a half and haven't found anything better. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm only interested in leasing for 3 years.

Thanks

I think I was confused when you said Standard Range. Thinking it was a 75D. If it’s a new Long Range Raven then that’s fine.

There was a couple deals at different times for free wheels upgrades and color.

Keep in mind the 22” wheels do eat into range/efficiency and will be expensive tires to replace. I would not take 22” if they were free.

Check out the ordering page it will display range difference when you flip to 22” wheels.

Reactions: doghousePVD
I think I was confused when you said Standard Range. Thinking it was a 75D. If it’s a new Long Range Raven then that’s fine.

There was a couple deals at different times for free wheels upgrades and color.

Keep in mind the 22” wheels do eat into range/efficiency and will be expensive tires to replace. I would not take 22” if they were free.

Check out the ordering page it will display range difference when you flip to 22” wheels.

It is a Standard Range Raven (not LR). Thanks for the heads-up about wheels size; I have 21s on my Model S and can tell that larger wheels definitely eat some range, but I'm not very concerned about that aspect as this will be used as a daily driver locally and very rarely for long distances.

It is a Standard Range Raven (not LR). Thanks for the heads-up about wheels size; I have 21s on my Model S and can tell that larger wheels definitely eat some range, but I'm not very concerned about that aspect as this will be used as a daily driver locally and very rarely for long distances.

That price you came up with for new if ordered is for a Long Range not standard range. Not the same car.

I
That price you came up with for new if ordered is for a Long Range not standard range. Not the same car.

I think we are talking about different things :) from my original post I mentioned that I have a reservation on a Standard Range X and the picture I attached of the vehicle order belongs to that car, you can tell that it is of a Standard Range.

On your first reply you asked if I had priced a new LR and I replied that yes I have and that a LR with the exact same configuration would go for $105,490 maybe I should have said "exact same configuration but long range" which I thought was what you were referring to e.g. to find out how much a Long Range would cost to compare it to the reservation I made on a Standard Range.

I know for most people it makes sense to order a LR, but in my case the additional range is not worth the extra ~15k as I don't really need it.

Sorry about the confusion. I hope this clarifies and thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them.

Cheers.

I’m slightly confused as, at least here in the UK, the Standard range Raven X was only available for a month or so after the revised drivetrain Ravens started to be built back in late spring. We have only had the LR or Performance LR available since then. Certainly anything built late November would NOT be standard range over here.

I’m slightly confused as, at least here in the UK, the Standard range Raven X was only available for a month or so after the revised drivetrain Ravens started to be built back in late spring. We have only had the LR or Performance LR available since then. Certainly anything built late November would NOT be standard range over here.

Me too. Tesla stopped offering the Standard Range S and X in US in July so I was very surprised to hear this is a late November build. I'm eagerly waiting to see the car in person to confirm the build date. The only thing that comes to mind is if they have been building a few Standard Range cars as showroom models and not offering them for sale.

Several Standard Range Model X and a few S have showed up as available in the last 2 weeks, which I guess Tesla is trying to sell before the year ends.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tonybvi
Me too. Tesla stopped offering the Standard Range S and X in US in July so I was very surprised to hear this is a late November build. I'm eagerly waiting to see the car in person to confirm the build date. The only thing that comes to mind is if they have been building a few Standard Range cars as showroom models and not offering them for sale.

Several Standard Range Model X and a few S have showed up as available in the last 2 weeks, which I guess Tesla is trying to sell before the year ends.

Now I think I understand. Very odd. I'd be really suspicious of anything that isn't "main stream" from Tesla. It's very odd that the 22" and paint are free, Raven, Standard Range with a November (2019) build date. They have not offered anything like that for some time.

It's looks like you'd save more like $10K comparing LR configured like your SR quote, not 15K.

I'd much prefer the range over FSD. I assume you've researched the trade offs with the 6 seats vs 7 as well. 6 are cool but 7 so much more functional.

One other thing to watch out for is that it has HW3 or not. Which is nice to have with or without FSD and nice to not have to rip apart your dash to upgrade.

I got a Raven Long Range 7 Seat, Midnight Silver for like $90K (not including tax break).

Now I think I understand. Very odd. I'd be really suspicious of anything that isn't "main stream" from Tesla. It's very odd that the 22" and paint are free, Raven, Standard Range with a November (2019) build date. They have not offered anything like that for some time.

It's looks like you'd save more like $10K comparing LR configured like your SR quote, not 15K.

I'd much prefer the range over FSD. I assume you've researched the trade offs with the 6 seats vs 7 as well. 6 are cool but 7 so much more functional.

One other thing to watch out for is that it has HW3 or not. Which is nice to have with or without FSD and nice to not have to rip apart your dash to upgrade.

I got a Raven Long Range 7 Seat, Midnight Silver for like $90K (not including tax break).

Yes and I am suspicious. Not signing until I see it in person. It's more like a $15k saving. It has a discount of almost $6k.

I did quite a lot of research on 6 vs 7 seats and it was the one thing that took me more time to decide. In the end the flexibility for getting people in and out of the car easier/quicker has more value for us.

I'm definitely watching out for it to be a Raven with HW3; otherwise I'm not taking it. I had my eye on a very similar as yours: LR, 7 seats white on white it had FSD and was $93.5K (it was also discounted) but then the standard range came up and if it is as described I'll go with that one.

Yes and I am suspicious. Not signing until I see it in person. It's more like a $15k saving. It has a discount of almost $6k.

I did quite a lot of research on 6 vs 7 seats and it was the one thing that took me more time to decide. In the end the flexibility for getting people in and out of the car easier/quicker has more value for us.

I'm definitely watching out for it to be a Raven with HW3; otherwise I'm not taking it. I had my eye on a very similar as yours: LR, 7 seats white on white it had FSD and was $93.5K (it was also discounted) but then the standard range came up and if it is as described I'll go with that one.

I think you're including the wheels maybe and I'm not. I consider the 22" wheels more a liability than an asset ;)
Harsher ride, louder ride, more expensive tires, less range and lower efficiency.

it definitely lowers the residual which increases your monthly payment. It’s not free.

Lease payments are based on the difference between selling price and the residual.

Hi, I've been searching the forums and in general online online trying to find out which options were "free of charge" or included in the discontinued Standard Range Raven Model X. I have a reservation for an inventory Standard Range X and my SA said that options like 22" Wheels and Silver Metallic paint color were free of charge options back when the Standard Range was available and that those options had and still have and additional cost Long Range version of the X ($5k and $1.5k respectively) which is kind of counter-intuitive in my opinion.

Are there any fellow forum members who ordered the Standard Range X a few months back when it was available and added the 22" wheels and a paint option other than the free color? if so, did you pay extra for those options or were they included?

I'm not complaining about "free" options, but included vs non-included options have an impact on the residual of the vehicle and the terms of the lease. It's not a deal breaker but I'm very curious if this is really the case.

For your reference, this is what my order agreement shows:

View attachment 489069

This car as a $6k discount as a showroom model

Thanks in advance for your comments!

To clarify, I got the same model 3 days ago.

Yes, nothing is free lol. I'm quite familiar with lease calculation... I tried to learn as much as possible about it when I used to order from traditional dealers (BMW, Porsche, etc.)

Do you mind sharing your window sticker? are those options really "included" in the Standard Range? you can PM if you wouldn't like to post it and is your car a late 2019 build as mine is supposed to?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, nothing is free lol. I'm quite familiar with lease calculation... I tried to learn as much as possible about it when I used to order from traditional dealers (BMW, Porsche, etc.)

Do you mind sharing your window sticker? are those options really "included" in the Standard Range? you can PM if you wouldn't like to post it and is your car a late 2019 build as mine is supposed to?

Thanks in advance!

attached. I picked this one because it didn’t have the 22” wheels. I can confirm that back in July, when you could order the standard range, those were not included.

Attachments

• CD0579D2-8F6B-441E-AD9C-62287FE15D4F.jpeg
    CD0579D2-8F6B-441E-AD9C-62287FE15D4F.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 63