Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice. Taking the recent reservation rate in the US of around 20/day times the 290ish remaining days in 2014 leads to a US production reservation list of around 15k by end of year when Sig deliveries start. Surely the rate will rise as more detailed X info comes out. By Spring 2015 when prod deliveries start, I bet the list is over 20,000. Fish jumping into the boat, indeed.

And then there are still the reservations from Canada, the EU and China (the last one is closing in on the US number daily rate already).

Nearly half of all Porsches sold are Cayennes, and they have a LOT of other options - Panamera, 911, Boxster, Cayman, Macan, etc. So I predict the Model X will outsell the Model S, pretty easily.

Probably not apples-to-apples though. The Model S is, of course, a true family sedan and Porsche doesn't have an equivalent model (not even the 4-seater Panamera); everything other than the Cayenne is a "toy car".

I still think the MS will be the workhorse model for Tesla while the MX will run it close (falcon wings permitting). Till the Model E is out!

Reserved my Signature X #1335 today. We also have a reservation for a production X which is something like #16 (reserved it at the launch party in Hawthorne). I'll only get the Signature if there is a compelling reason to do so, but I figured it was worth loaning Tesla $40K for a few months as a hedge in case there is a compelling reason! That said, I don't think there was too much compelling about the Sig S except that my husband does like his color!

Model X Tally

USA

Canada
North
America

Europe

China
[SUP][SUB]2[/SUB][/SUP]

Other
[SUP][SUB]3[/SUB][/SUP]

TOTAL
Signature (S) 1,347491,396
Production (P) 8,5603848,944
Totals9,90743310,340

Last UpdateUSACanadaEuropeChinaOther
Signature (S) Mar 24, 2014 Feb 5, 2014Dec 21, 2013 no data no data
Production (P) Mar 24, 2014Mar 21, 2014Mar 17, 2014Mar 23, 2014 no data

Found a China deposit for Model X on the TM website forums. The reservation cost is RMB 30,000 (Roughly $5,000 USD), but they can't specify production vs. signature. Since its so close to the production deposit for other countries, I've put it under Production with a footnote.

I put down a deposit on my MX in June, then ordered an MS in December after learning about the MX being pushed out to 2015. Still keeping the deposit on the MX though. Sure happy I ordered the MS. Most incredible car I've ever driven. I was a Porsche 911 Turbo guy before the MS. Head and shoulders above the Turbo. You'll be glad you did when it comes.

Or, it could be that many of the "old hands" - you know, the really smart, super-productive, work-like-Elon-does types - have been diverted from the mundane stuff (firmware updates for the MS, CHAdeMO adapter) to focusing on getting the MX out on time!

Who knows, we may yet see a few hundred MX on the roads by this time next year.