Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X trunk hatch frequently will not fully close

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an X 100D built in Aug 2018. Since new, the rear hatch will close 60-80% (a foot or two remaining to close), then beep - and start re-opening. Took it to the SC and they installed a new strut since that is where it senses if anything is blocking the hatch. It flakes out before the hatch gets closed far enough to be near the pinch sensors (they are up near the top of the hatch, near the hinges), so they did not replace the pinch sensors.

Mine does this around 20-40% of the time when I try to close the rear hatch. Location, heat/cold seem to make no difference. I usually force it closed by hand once it gets mad, otherwise it can take 3 or 4 tries before it fully closes.

Anybody else have this problem where the rear hatch refuses to close?

Mine did a similar thing, but when almost latched. Took it to the SC and they found that the wiring loom at the top (I think) was getting too close. They'd seen it before many times, so it was an easy fix with a few cable ties. Your problem sounds a bit different but I would get them to check the wiring isn't getting caught up as it closes.