Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tyres and Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a P90D Model X, and right now it's equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres, which the car came with, when I bought it from a dealership. I don't know if the tyres were changed since the first owner bought the car from tesla, but they probably have since the mileage on the car is around 50K.

The pilot sport 4S isn't an EV tyre, but it's the recommended tyre for when you put the registration into Tesla, however I've heard that some EV tyres can boost range for your tesla which is really what I'm interested in.

Can anyone recommend any better tyres specifically for EVs which boost range.

Also are you meant to do some sort of annual service or service based on mileage for teslas? e.g. tyre rotations/alignments etc?

Thanks

On my 2019 X you can not rotate front to rear wheels. as the rim width is different along with the tire sizes are different so will rub the front brakes if you do. The tire shop that recently installed new Hankook EV tires for me did that and had to change where they mounted and installed the wheels & tires. Just as a side note, LOVE the new Hankook tires, smoother, quieter and have fantastic grip in the rain.

Upvote 0
I have a P90D Model X, and right now it's equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres, which the car came with, when I bought it from a dealership. I don't know if the tyres were changed since the first owner bought the car from tesla, but they probably have since the mileage on the car is around 50K.

The pilot sport 4S isn't an EV tyre, but it's the recommended tyre for when you put the registration into Tesla, however I've heard that some EV tyres can boost range for your tesla which is really what I'm interested in.

Can anyone recommend any better tyres specifically for EVs which boost range.

Also are you meant to do some sort of annual service or service based on mileage for teslas? e.g. tyre rotations/alignments etc?

Thanks
Tesla recommends that you rotate and balance tyres every 6K miles. On MX with a staggered tyre set up ( not square) you can only change left to right not front to back.

Upvote 0
On my 2019 X you can not rotate front to rear wheels. as the rim width is different along with the tire sizes are different so will rub the front brakes if you do. The tire shop that recently installed new Hankook EV tires for me did that and had to change where they mounted and installed the wheels & tires. Just as a side note, LOVE the new Hankook tires, smoother, quieter and have fantastic grip in the rain.
Just can’t find them in my area. No nearby DT’s here.

Upvote 0