Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Wheel Swap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

This might be a bit of a long shot but just thought I'd through it out there. I have the 20" Silver Slip Stream wheels on my Model X. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading their Onyx Black or Carbon sonic Carbon wheels. Obviously some logistics to work out. I am reluctant to use the term perfect condition but mine are about as close as it gets. No curb rash, no stains or chips of any kind. If your interested please let me know and we could figure out the best way to make the trade.

Hello,

This might be a bit of a long shot but just thought I'd through it out there. I have the 20" Silver Slip Stream wheels on my Model X. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading their Onyx Black or Carbon sonic Carbon wheels. Obviously some logistics to work out. I am reluctant to use the term perfect condition but mine are about as close as it gets. No curb rash, no stains or chips of any kind. If your interested please let me know and we could figure out the best way to make the trade.

Better place to 'Throw it" might be the US Midwest regional group, after you look through the For Sale items. Chances are better finding a set within a thousand miles of Minneapolis, rather than the whole world. I recently sold a 22 inch set black fairly quickly placing an ad up there. Most wheel sets are pickup only, Ridiculous expensive to ship.

Hello,

I live in South Bend, IN and have a 2019 Model X and did purchase the 22 last year new. I drove on them for 1 month and hated them and returned to my 20’s. I would take your offer if your interested and some money. My goal,would be to powder coat a pair of the 20’s and not give up the efficiency. My number is 574-386-6075. Let me know. Brian

Better place to 'Throw it" might be the US Midwest regional group, after you look through the For Sale items. Chances are better finding a set within a thousand miles of Minneapolis, rather than the whole world. I recently sold a 22 inch set black fairly quickly placing an ad up there. Most wheel sets are pickup only, Ridiculous expensive to ship.
Good call. Thank you. Literally my first post on any forum ever:)

I live in South Bend, IN and have a 2019 Model X and did purchase the 22 last year new. I drove on them for 1 month and hated them and returned to my 20’s. I would take your offer if your interested and some money. My goal,would be to powder coat a pair of the 20’s and not give up the efficiency. My number is 574-386-6075. Let me know. Brian
Hi, thanks so much for writing back. I should have specified I would like to stick with the 20'' probably for the same reason. The roads around here can be pretty brutal so I need all the rubber I can get but thanks for throwing the offer out there!

Hi, thanks so much for writing back. I should have specified I would like to stick with the 20'' probably for the same reason. The roads around here can be pretty brutal so I need all the rubber I can get but thanks for throwing the offer out there!
These are the winter wheels that I have on my car right now: EVT Wheel for Tesla Model X ("Turbine" Style)

If you're looking for the Onyx black, they only come in 22's from the factory. Other than that, the vendors that do have them in 20's (replicas) charge quite a bit for them.

These are the winter wheels that I have on my car right now: EVT Wheel for Tesla Model X ("Turbine" Style)

If you're looking for the Onyx black, they only come in 22's from the factory. Other than that, the vendors that do have them in 20's (replicas) charge quite a bit for them.

Will those 19 inch rims fit a 2017 P100D? If so, me likes for NYC pothole ridden streets. I would purchase with Runflats, and smile smile smile.

Currently I have 22's because they match my Black on Black on Black motif. Might even get better mileage with 19's. ;)

Anyone try the 19's?

Will those 19 inch rims fit a 2017 P100D? If so, me likes for NYC pothole ridden streets. I would purchase with Runflats, and smile smile smile.

Currently I have 22's because they match my Black on Black on Black motif. Might even get better mileage with 19's. ;)

Anyone try the 19's?
According to them, the 19's will fit without issue.

Reactions: TOBASH
So I reached out to the company.

19's will fit, and I'm gonna go that route because Uncle Sam isn't using my taxes to fill potholes with more cement. (I'm tired of fearing cracked asphalt. I also won't mind a little boost in range, especially in Winter.)

They seem to have TPMS sensors also. Wondering if they can clone the TPMS sensors to match my current units. That would be awesome.

As far as rubber; they seem to sell Michelin, and I am not a Michelin guy so I will go with Goodyear runflats. Not sure of model yet.Something with moderate performance and all year capability. I rarely drive over 60MPH. Too much LE salivating to take my moneys like Sheriffs of Nottingham.

@TOBASH i have been following the ModelX tire / wheel / efficiency / expense drama for years now. To date I have never ever seen anyone get 19” rims with all season tires (only winter) to see if it results in more efficiency/range. If you go through with your plan you would be the first owner to try this from what I can tell.

PLEASE report back on your experience and what energy consumption looks like with those. Obviously it will be hard to compare 20 vs 19 (more common) since you are coming from 22s. But we might be able to glean something i would hope.

Reactions: joelgut