Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 3rd row vs. Model X 3rd row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asking for those who have sat in or have both these set ups. How much smaller (IRL) is the difference when you sit in these 2? It would almost always be a child sitting in the third row (or teenagers). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

The X third row is bigger, especially if you're talking about the 6 seat X. With that config, one rear seat person can put their legs kinda in the middle giving much more leg room.

For the 7 seat Y, I barely fit in it sitting up straight at 5'9" and the leg room was much smaller. Don't get me wrong, I could sit back there for a drive, but it isn't nearly as comfortable as the X third row.

The X third row is bigger, especially if you're talking about the 6 seat X. With that config, one rear seat person can put their legs kinda in the middle giving much more leg room.

For the 7 seat Y, I barely fit in it sitting up straight at 5'9" and the leg room was much smaller. Don't get me wrong, I could sit back there for a drive, but it isn't nearly as comfortable as the X third row.
Thanks, that is very helpful

Reactions: DirtyT3sla
Even model X 3rd row is for Childers and not adults.

The slidding rail's width, under the second row, is less than 9",
so too narrow for an adult to put the two feet flat on the floor.

I wish that Tesla offers the Model Y with six seats,
with a large separation between the two second row seats,
like the Model X, so there would be more leg and foot room for the third row.

Reactions: N8Howell33
Asking for those who have sat in or have both these set ups. How much smaller (IRL) is the difference when you sit in these 2? It would almost always be a child sitting in the third row (or teenagers). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
YouTube is your friend. People on here are mostly speculating and don't have one. From what I've seen, anyone 5'5" or under is comfortable in the 3rd row in the Y.