Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y alignment in Hanford county MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car drives up on an alignment rack, no lift required.
A good alignment technician will always lift the car and check suspension ball joints and tie rods before making adjustments on the rack. A good alignment technician will check the suspension, add weights to the driver's seat if specified, adjust tire pressure and measure ride height on each corner, perform a caster swing, make necessary alignment adjustments, reset all the wheel sensors and redo rolling compensation to verify no errors occurred during initial rolling compensation, reset steering angle, and take a test drive to verify the steering wheel is dead straight. Anything less than this is a half-assed alignment. Sure, there always be technicians who throw the car on the rack, do the minimum Toe-n-go and return the car to the customer. You don't need to give them your hard-earned money. Find the good technicians.

Sadly you have trial and error to find a good technician. I went to Firestone. The alignment was over in 30 mins. They didn’t have the before data and the car still pulls to the right. Errrrr
I learned a long time ago that buying cheap usually results in buying twice. Firestone, Pep Boys, and others charge less because they pay their employees less and offer little or no training.
Automobile dealers and Tesla SC offer factory authorized training which costs money, guarantee their work, use quality parts, and that's why they charge more. I'd rather pay a little more, have the work done by factory trained technicians and have the job done right the first time.

My barely-a-month-old Model Y started slowly crawling to the left (observed this on several different levelled roads).

First checked the tyre pressures. When found OK, I set up and appointment with Tesla.
To my surprise, I got an appointment for the next day morning.

The technician drove it and saw the concern as well.
They lifted the car, did full wheel alignment and supposedly steering calibration.
Seems to have solved the issue for now.

I was still surprised that the concern popped up within one month of delivery.
I never hit a kerb, never went hard through a pothole.

Automakers, even legacy ones, sometimes release cars w/o proper alignment. Tesla seems to be one of the worst.

New suspensions (bushing/springs/struts/shock absorbers) will settle within the first several hundred miles. This settling is probably what exaggerated the slightly off alignment your car had ever since delivery.