Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment pulling to the right on 2023 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of an alignment shop in Hampton Roads area of Virginia that will align my Model 3? I have called multiple places and no one will touch it.
My 3 month old 2023 Performance has pulled to the right since I brought it home. The steering wheel turns easy to the right and has resistance to the left. It does seem to be better some days than others, on the same roads.

I have had the alignment "done" at the Tesla service center twice now and although better (the print outs show the after as good), it is still not right. Still pulls and feels a little unbalanced. I have scheduled a 3rd appointment, but don't have much hope of them fixing it.

Checking this group and other message boards, I am finding multiple complaints of pulling to the right, and most of those are newer Performance models. Anyone have this issue, or a suggestion? It sure is frustrating! :eek:

Anyone know of an alignment shop in Hampton Roads area of Virginia that will align my Model 3? I have called multiple places and no one will touch it.
My 3 month old 2023 Performance has pulled to the right since I brought it home. The steering wheel turns easy to the right and has resistance to the left. It does seem to be better some days than others, on the same roads.

I have had the alignment "done" at the Tesla service center twice now and although better (the print outs show the after as good), it is still not right. Still pulls and feels a little unbalanced. I have scheduled a 3rd appointment, but don't have much hope of them fixing it.

Checking this group and other message boards, I am finding multiple complaints of pulling to the right, and most of those are newer Performance models. Anyone have this issue, or a suggestion? It sure is frustrating! :eek:
Mine does this as well. Same car. Same year. Same direction. Though I really only notice it if I let go of the wheel at highway speeds on a straight stretch. I have tires that I don't mind killing on there now so I think I'll just wait and see if it eats them and if not, then I'll just leave it alone.

Was this handled under Warranty? My Model 3 P's steering wheel isn't centered an when I center it, car pulls left, no balance issues felt. Picked up with 15 miles on 8/5, have an appointment with SC.

Was this handled under Warranty? My Model 3 P's steering wheel isn't centered an when I center it, car pulls left, no balance issues felt. Picked up with 15 miles on 8/5, have an appointment with SC.
Since I waited 600 miles, I had to pay $275 for the first alignment. The second time they didn't charge, which was a month later. This time will be the 3rd time (a few weeks since 2nd time) but I don't know if they will attempt to charge.

I had the same issue with my brand new performance model 3. It pulled really bad to the right from delivery. I changed the brake setting from hold to roll and it stopped pulling and now drives perfectly strait. I was actually on my way to Tesla service for a test drive because this was the second time it happened suddenly, after an update it put my settings back to default. I knew it had to be a software issue since the alignment cannot just change overnight. I called them and they are reporting it as a software issue. I hope this helps.

I literally called or visited more than 20 shops before I found someone who could do an alignment on my 3. They need a recent alignment machine or a recent software update to it.

Tesla's service center reps pointed me to the closest Tesla certified collision center. I recommend asking your service center if they know anywhere that does them.

I literally called or visited more than 20 shops before I found someone who could do an alignment on my 3. They need a recent alignment machine or a recent software update to it.

Tesla's service center reps pointed me to the closest Tesla certified collision center. I recommend asking your service center if they know anywhere that does them.
Which shop did you get your alignment from?

OMG!! I've been in hell working with Tesla. I've been in the service department 4 times now they are denying that this is a real problem. Initially the issue was undeniable, now after 4 visits it's about 95% straight. A new car should be 100% straight. I'm now talking with a lawyer (I've never had to do this in my life, I'm 69 years young). Likely I'll be forced to accept the flaw, can't keep up this fight!

Same with my brand new 2023 model Y, went to
Them 4 times and it still goes right after new tires they put in. I’ve invoked California lemon law and Tesla might pay me back in full. Not sure if they can fix it, maybe Tesla engineers can but surely not the mechanics imho. It might be a nuanced issue that I’m sure there is a fix, but don’t think it is an obvious one. Will report back after getting alignment done at local performance alignment place

Reactions: Chris89topher