Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Caliper Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sure, if your car is used exclusively as a day to day car…

Let’s see… heavy, quick accelerating car, will burn through pads and rotors quicker than you can you imagine by the time you get to your third hot lap, or aggressive canyon run. I’d rather not plow through another car, run off the track or cliff… 🤷‍♂️

High performance brake fluid, pads, steel lines and rotors are usually the first considerations before going full send with a BBK.
Factory brakes are terrible. You can easily out drive regen on a spirited drive. I guess the positive side of using the brakes is the calipers won’t ever seize up 😂

Reactions: hyp36rmax
Factory brakes are terrible. You can easily out drive regen on a spirited drive. I guess the positive side of using the brakes is the calipers won’t ever seize up 😂

Yep! Non-enthusiast won't understand. Brake fade is a villian for all Tesla cars.

If one were to see a BBK on a car, that should be a quick indicator that person is not willing to FAFO. 😄

Hello I’m a new Tesla y owner and a girl that doesn’t know much about cars but the red caliper caps make the rims looks nice. I didn’t know so I purchased these ones on eBay but a lot of the tire shops I reached out to are charging almost 600-900 for installation.

What does everyone recommend? I hear mixed reviews on not putting on caps and painting but some do recommend caps and haven’t had problems. These are the ones I purchased on eBay but don’t know if they are good and should return

Can anyone give me advice pleas
Congratulations on your new Tesla Model Y! When it comes to enhancing the look of your wheels with red caliper covers, it's a great aesthetic choice. As for installation costs, the range you've mentioned seems unusually high. Installing caliper covers is typically a straightforward process that doesn't require such a substantial fee.

Considering you've already purchased caliper covers, it might be worthwhile to explore alternative installation options. Here are a few suggestions:

1. DIY Installation:
    • Caliper covers are designed for easy installation, and many people opt for a do-it-yourself approach. The covers usually come with straightforward instructions. You might find online tutorials or videos that guide you through the process. When installing caliper covers or performing any work involving your wheels, using a jack is a common and recommended practice. A jack pads can be helpful for safely lifting and securing your vehicle. Here's an installation video you can refer to.
  2. Local Auto Enthusiast Groups:
    • Connect with local Tesla or car enthusiast groups. Often, members of these groups have experience with DIY projects and might be willing to help or guide you through the installation process.
  3. Independent Mechanics or Smaller Shops:
    • Check with smaller auto shops or independent mechanics. They may offer more reasonable installation fees compared to larger tire shops.
As for the caliper covers you've purchased on eBay, if you're unsure about their quality or fit, it might be a good idea to look for reviews or contact the seller for more information. Alternatively, consider exploring other options, such as Tesery caliper covers, which are known for their quality, various color options, and easy installation.

Ultimately, the decision between caps and painting comes down to personal preference. Caliper covers provide an easy and reversible solution, allowing you to change or remove them without any permanent alteration to your vehicle.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions or need further assistance!

Reactions: hyp36rmax