Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Caliper Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a Model Y Caliper Covers that you can recommend?

I see most of the ones sold on Amazon has a consistently not-so-great great rating of 3.8 or so.
There are a lot of options and none of them receive great feedback for whatever reason.

Considering the nice MYP look on my 20" MYLR car :)

Thanks

@RoBoRaT thanks! Is this the one you're using? If yes how many miles you've put in with those brake calipers?
Can you recommend it? I see lots of options, and most of the actual users are not happy with it, some feedback I have seen
"Pretty expensive, considering the colour fades in no time"
, "Noticed when changing my winter to summer tires one of the caliper covers cracked and peeled (see picture)"
, "Product cracked into two piece after only 3 months of use causing a potentially dagerous braking issue with a Model Y"

that's why I started a thread if there is a good quality brake calipers out there.

I’m selling the front red ones (brand new never installed) from Tsportline if you’re interested.
DAAC4277-F5D8-4080-9E5C-B73B4944755D.jpeg

DEB8A631-586B-42DD-97A1-51C5681E2DFD.jpeg

I bought these ones off Ebay. They are a tight fit so had to fiddle a bit to get them in the right position to tighten the mounting screws. Didn't come with instructions either so spent some time having to figure out how they go on. But overall I think they look good. I'll probably take them off for the winter when I swap to winter tires.

IMG_3996.jpg
IMG_3997.jpg
IMG_4006.jpg

If you're aiming for that sleek MYP look on your Model Y, I'd recommend checking out the brake caliper covers from Tesery. They are designed specifically for the Tesla Model Y and can add a stylish touch to your wheels.

Here's the link to the product: Tesla Model Y Brake Caliper Cover

If you are tired of looking at your small grey front caliper and the undersized horseshoe shaped rear calipers, look at how nice these brighten up your wheels.Performance Caliper Covers provide a “big brake” race-ready look that will turn heads.

The facade front covers include bolts, a hydraulic line, and a rubber bleeding cap. They look great and are even easier to install, just slide over and tighten one nut. Please watch our demo & installation video. Aluminum Caliper Covers are very simple to install, not permanent, and have no warranty compromising risk.

Made specifically to fit over the Tesla Model Y stock non-performance brake calipers, these Caliper Covers will give your Model Y a racing Caliper look. These fit on 19" inch and 20" OEM Tesla wheels.

Tesery Model Y Caliper Covers not only look awesome but they reduce brake dust accumulation in your wheels. These are made lightweight 6061-T6 Aerospace Aluminum that covers the caliper for a perfect fit.

These break caliper covers are a great lower cost non-permanent solution to covering up the plain silver calipers on your Model Y. If your leasing, you can leave them on when your lease is over, or just unscrew one nut and remove them.

Feel free to explore this option, and if you have any questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out. Enjoy upgrading your Model Y!

1920WheelBrakeCaliperCoverForTeslaModelY2020-2023_17.jpg

1920WheelBrakeCaliperCoverSuitableForTeslaModelY2020-2023_7.jpg

1920WheelBrakeCaliperCoverForTeslaModelY2020-2023_1.png

1920WheelBrakeCaliperCoverForTeslaModelY2020-2023_3.png

1920WheelBrakeCaliperCoverForTeslaModelY2020-2023_2.png

1920WheelBrakeCaliperCoverSuitableForTeslaModelY2020-2023_2.jpg

Hello I’m a new Tesla y owner and a girl that doesn’t know much about cars but the red caliper caps make the rims looks nice. I didn’t know so I purchased these ones on eBay but a lot of the tire shops I reached out to are charging almost 600-900 for installation.

What does everyone recommend? I hear mixed reviews on not putting on caps and painting but some do recommend caps and haven’t had problems. These are the ones I purchased on eBay but don’t know if they are good and should return

Can anyone give me advice pleas

Hello I’m a new Tesla y owner and a girl that doesn’t know much about cars but the red caliper caps make the rims looks nice. I didn’t know so I purchased these ones on eBay but a lot of the tire shops I reached out to are charging almost 600-900 for installation.

What does everyone recommend? I hear mixed reviews on not putting on caps and painting but some do recommend caps and haven’t had problems. These are the ones I purchased on eBay but don’t know if they are good and should return

Welcome to Tesla ownership!

I don't think your hyperlink the covers you bought is working. But those installation prices are very high (I'm assuming you're in the US?). How much time labour are they quoting? I figure it should take between 1-2 hours for a shop to install covers. Are there any other garages that specialize in Teslas in your area? Maybe try of them instead of a tire shop.

Painting the calipers is an option too that would still look good but that will also take time if you're not one that can do it yourself. There is prep and drying time. And a good caliper paint isn't cheap either.

Personally I like caliper covers but many people despise the fake look and say they look pretentious. Do what you like. It's your car. The MYP has rear brake covers now since Tesla changed from Brembo brakes.

Welcome to Tesla ownership!

I don't think your hyperlink the covers you bought is working. But those installation prices are very high (I'm assuming you're in the US?). How much time labour are they quoting? I figure it should take between 1-2 hours for a shop to install covers. Are there any other garages that specialize in Teslas in your area? Maybe try of them instead of a tire shop.

Painting the calipers is an option too that would still look good but that will also take time if you're not one that can do it yourself. There is prep and drying time. And a good caliper paint isn't cheap either.

Personally I like caliper covers but many people despise the fake look and say they look pretentious. Do what you like. It's your car. The MYP has rear brake covers now since Tesla changed from Brembo brakes.
Unfortunately I have a long range and that is what I hear Tesla doenst do brembo on newers models :( I will have to look into Tesla garages. I literally asked around pretty well known shows to mom and pop shops and maybe cheapest was 300 or a lot recommend the paint but I already purchased the Tesla caliper caps on eBay

Unfortunately I have a long range and that is what I hear Tesla doenst do brembo on newers models :( I will have to look into Tesla garages. I literally asked around pretty well known shows to mom and pop shops and maybe cheapest was 300 or a lot recommend the paint but I already purchased the Tesla caliper caps on eBay
You’re probably looking at around the same price all-in whether you go the painted route or with covers. Unless you have a friend who is a little bit mechanically inclined, the time for the installation labour for either option is going to be fairly high relative to the cost of the paint or covers. It’s not that hard to install but you do need the proper tools to jack the car up and such. So it’ll boil down to how much are you willing to pay to add a little bling to your car? The ones you bought are pretty much the same ones sold on Amazon, AliExpress, etc.

A lot of money spent on something that, with regenerative braking, is seldom used...

sure, if your car is used exclusively as a day to day car…

Let’s see… heavy, quick accelerating car, will burn through pads and rotors quicker than you can you imagine by the time you get to your third hot lap, or aggressive canyon run. I’d rather not plow through another car, run off the track or cliff… 🤷‍♂️

High performance brake fluid, pads, steel lines and rotors are usually the first considerations before going full send with a BBK.