Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y centre console sliding lid misaligned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!
took delivery of model y RWD few weeks ago. noticed that the central cubby sliding lid is misaligned. seen a similar defect on an other model Y and this makes me wonder if this is a common thingy.
IMG_6232.jpg

I have the same issue with my model y 2023, maybe it is a common issue. Have Tesla what they will do to fix it as I cannot see any adjustment in the lid?
Yes it’s a common issue .
the price for the job is 165£ (although it’s covered under warranty and the actual cost payable is 0). May be they would replace the lid , will check tomorrow when the engineer comes over

Upvote 0
He showed me pics of 4 brand new vehicles with tis issue. So it’s fine, not the end of the world for me . I need to concentrate on vibrations coming from the boot . Will raise a request for it to be checked .
I had a feeling they would say that!

Are you sure it's the boot area and not the rear seats?

I find that if I stuff a tea towel type cloth between the seat backs and the seat base on the rear seats that my car is pretty much silent. The arm rest seat is the worse for rattling about, I have noticed you can jiggle the bottom parts of the seats about but with the cloth stuffed in there it stops them from moving.

My boot was making a shaking type noise but after winding out the 2 side bump stops and front edge stops that it is silent now.

Upvote 0